Chapter Sixteen - Willow Radke

Avery's P.O.V. 

"Thank god you're out, Ronnie!" I exclaimed as he pushed his way through the nurses that had been surrounding me since I got to the hospital. 

"Worsnop confessed to.. what happened." Ronnie said unsure of how to put it. 

"I'm so glad you're here." I said as I wrapped my arms around him from the hospital bed they had forced me to lay in. 

"Do you know when you're allowed to leave?" Ronnie asked. 

"Um, the doctor said he had a few tests to analyze and he would tell us after." I said.

Just a few moments after, the doctor came in.

"Well, it seems I have some rather unfortunate news." The doctor said. 

Ronnie stood from his chair that was on the side of my bed. 

"I'm afraid that you've lost the baby." 

My heart dropped instantly. It seemed as if every part of my body froze in that moment. I rested my hands on my stomach and burst into tears. Ronnie put his head down and stared at the floor. I knew it hurt him just as badly. 

I kept thinking in my head over and over that the baby that relied on my and needed my support had been let down. My unborn child would never get to see the faces of the people that would sing to her every night before we went to sleep. The ones who were expecting her arrival any time now. The ones who would die for her, not reverse. 

"How?" Ronnie asked after moments of silence. His tone was heartbroken and torn apart, like I was feeling. 

"Signs point to physical trauma in the stomach area, given your situation I would say that what happened tonight is what caused it. I'm very sorry for your loss, I'm sure you would have made great parents." With that he walked out of the room. 

Danny killed my baby. 

Ronnie and I made eye contact for the first time since the doctor spoke. 

"If she would have been born, what would we have named her?" I asked, with my voice full of sorrow. 

"Willow, Willow Radke." Ronnie said confident in his answer.

"I like that." 

A/N: Check out the second trailer that I made in the sidebar!