Chapter Twelve - Murphy

"You're in town?" I asked through the phone. Danny was on the line. He had surprised me with a visit.

"Yeah, meet me at the airport?" He asked and his British accent rang through my ears.

"Sure, I'll be there soon." I said as I hung up.

I walked through the tiny little apartment Ronnie and I had rented until we got our own house. I walked through the white door frame seeing Ronnie laying on our king sized bed with a notebook in front of him. He must have been writing a song for the new album.

"Babe, Danny needs me to pick him up from the airport, wanna come?" I asked rubbing his back looking at the lyrics in front of him.

"Yeah, I'll drive."

I knew Ronnie didn't want me to be alone with Danny, even though I didn't know why. Its not that he didn't trust me. He didn't trust Danny.

"I missed you, Avie." He said as he wrapped his arms around me with a big bear hug.

"You too, Danny." I said staring at him. He seemed different.

"You're so big!" He exclaimed.

"Thanks?" I laughed.

"Uncle Danny, has a nice ring to it."  

He joked.

"I'm so glad that you came, Danny, I thought you were mad at me." I said relieved.

"No one could be mad at you, Avie."

Ronnie put his arm around me protectively.

"Radke don't be such a dick, I'm not gunna touch her." Danny said with a strange look on his face.

"Are you drunk, man?" Ronnie asked.

"We'll I'd have to be to see your face." He said which was a terrible insult but that didn't matter.

"Avery, go outside." Ronnie ordered.

"Don't hurt him!" I said before Ronnie had given me a dirty look. He was extremely angry.

"Don't boss her around, douchebag. She's a big girl now. She can do what she wants." Danny said gesturing towards me.

"Don't do this, Danny. At least not in the fucking airport." I said.

"Not until you choose." He said. 

"Choose what? Which plane you will be boarding to get the hell away from me?" I said. Again another bad insult but he was fucking drunk, it didn't matter.

"Choose between this fucking twat and me, the one you've known for god only knows how long." Is he crazy?!

"Danny, he's the father of my child, I love him!"

"Really, then why did you fuck all those other guys?" He almost yelled.

"Worsnop, drop it." Ronnie said.

"You don't even know if that little girl is yours." Danny stated. Although it was true, Ronnie didn't care. We were past that.

"You better board your ass on a plane right back to where you came from." Ronnie threatened.

"Or what?" Danny pushed.

"Or this."

Ronnie sprung in the air and threw a punch. Danny wasn't far behind.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" I screamed.

Security guards began rushing over.

A few minutes later, after the fighting had stopped, they asked me questions in a holding room away from Ronnie and Danny.

"I'm detective Murphy. I'm just going to ask you some questions." He looked through his clipboard.

"Who started the fight?"

The room fell silent for a minute. I wasn't about to get Ronnie in trouble. He was completely innocent.

"Danny. The one with the accent."