And The Day Bleeds

This one was inspired by the song "Someone you loved"

Hope you guys enjoy it!
***

The meloncholy, sweet sounds of singing getting louder and louder as Shoto strolls down to the common room is what makes him stop in his place. He was going to get tea but, that can wait until he can a better understanding what's happening around him.

"I'm going under and this time I fear there's no one to save me."

He knows for sure that it's a male voice and he feels a little shocked. He didn't know that any of the boys in his class could sing. He smiles a little at the choice of song too. It's one of his favourites after all.

Then he notices that there's the slight echo of piano playing in the back ground. From a phone perhaps? But after that, he remembers that it's two in the morning and that it's a pretty strange hour to be doing any of this.

The thought in itself makes him feel mesmerized somehow.

"This all or nothing really got a way of driving me crazy".

He peers into the room for closer inspection of the mysterious angel's voice and lo and behold, the last person he expects to see is sitting on the couch, staring up at the ceiling with the most serene expression he has ever seen him wear, Katsuki Bakugo. His crush.

"I need somebody to heal."

Shoto can feel his heart race at the sight and instinctively puts a hand over his chest as warm feeling washes over him like water.

"Somebody to know."

Katsuki's eyes are glowing in the moonlight and Shoto never thought he would say this but, he looks almost like one of the beautiful porcelain dolls he'd see as a kid when he went window shopping with his sister, Fuyumi. It makes him want to know just how smooth and soft his face could be if he carressed it.

  His voice, his voice is so unlike Shoto would expect from the blonde but finds that he really enjoys it. In fact, it's quite pleasant suprise.

"Somebody to have, Somebody to hold."

He's about to sit down by the wall and listen but he hesitates when he remembers that he most likely  stepped in on something private but even so, he can't look away. He can't move from his place to leave. Instead, he finds himself leaning against the wall for support.

"It's easy to say, but it's never the same."

He hears the emotions flow through Katsuki's voice as he sings and Shouto never knew Katsuki could express himself with such vulnerability. Not to mention in the middle of the common room at two a.m.

Katsuki's words sound so honest and pure and it make Shoto's heart clench. He almost fogets it's a song because of how real it feels in the moment.

"I guess I kinda liked the way you numbed all the pain."

He gets the feeling that they both feel the song in a different light to others. But, he can't say for sure, perhaps his head is too far up into the clouds.

"Now the day bleeds, into nightfall."

Shoto smiles a folorn smile once again at the beauty of the scene before him. Who knew he'd ever think that they're both similar.

"And your not here, to get me through it all."

The words of that song speaks volumes and sometimes he finds himself drowning in the intensity of it. Or maybe he's just secretly dramatic. Who knows.

"I let my gaurd down and then and you pulled the rug,"

Shouto muses as he mumbles the last sentence of the song. Oh how he wants to reach out and put a hand on Katsuki's and say that he understands and that they're in the same boat but, he knows it won't ever be that easy.

"I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved..."

Before he knows it, the song is over and Katsuki's eyes are closed. It's only then that Shoto realises Katsuki's been crying silent tears the whole time but then wipes them away quickly and rather harshly. Maybe because he's not the type to get this sentimental seeing as the tears suprised the blone as well.

Shoto's eyes widen for a fraction of a second before he leans off the wall. It's then he realises that he himself has tears in his eyes, but they don't fall. Quickly, he brushes them away. He wants to help Katsuki but he knows that it would only make things worse so he doesn't.

He's seen too much now. It feels like he's infringing and whatever trust Katsuki has in him so he figures it's time to leave.

With that, Shoto turns around and quietly make his way back to his room, tea to help him sleep long forgotten.

It's strange, but he feels like he understands himself and Katsuki a little better.

He sleeps like a log that night. All thanks to an angel's voice and a wish that Katsuki will feel better tomorrow.

***