Chapter Twenty-One.

Chapter Twenty-One.

Matt laughs at my comment. "You're the weirdest straight girl that I've ever met," he throws back, making me laugh. "I want to tell you about all of this, but...I just can't. I even just tried to give you a clue," Matt says.

What was the hint? Saying that you're jealous because Noah can like me in a way that you can't? How is that a clue? That's possible the worst clue ever. Either that or I'm just really bad at clues. I guess I shouldn't ever become a detective then.

"I have to be somewhere," Matt starts.

"Where would 'somewhere' be?" I ask.

"Nowhere," Matt replies.

I think that gay guys are more confusing than straight ones. "Matthew Fletcher, are you cheating on me with another girl?" I tease, pretending to be a crazed-jealous girlfriend.

Matt laughs. "You caught me," he jokes, going alone with it. "This week is going to be busy, but Friday night; me, you, dvds, and the couch, got it?" Matt quickly changes the subject. "Don't make any plans."

I salute Matt like you would in the military. "Yes, sir," I smile.

Of all the things that boys do, gay or straight, that drive me crazy; their mystery is number one.

I've been standing outside Noah's bedroom door for at least an hour, debating on whether or not I should knock, just walk in, or even bother at all. His music is blaring through the walls, otherwise; he would be able to hear me pacing back and forth in front of his door. I brought his t-shirt that I wore the other night, as a lame excuse to talk to him. Not that I really need a reason, but still. A part of me gets nervous around Noah, and the other part says, 'it's just Noah, get over it'. It's like I'm battling myself whether or not I should listen to what I think, or listen to what everybody else thinks.

I'm being completely childish, but Matt knows something, or things, about him that I don't know about him. How bad could it really be? Matt says that it's in my best interest if I don't get involved with Noah, but he won't tell me why, just why he can't tell me? Noah apparently has dirt on Matt. Dirt that I obviously know nothing about.

Which is how I came to my first mission: discovering the secrets of the Fletcher brothers. It might take a while though. I've known these boys forever and I just found out about a month ago that one of them is gay. How much worse could it really get? Noah's an axe-murderer? I highly doubt he is though, he's not even that scary. Noah's 'Joe Cool', he's laid back, doesn't care about much, and has some reason to hate everybody. The only talent that I know of that Noah really has is, pissing people off, he's pretty much an expert at that. Especially when it comes to Matt.

Maybe I should just go to bed and talk to him in the morning. I'm already in a pair of comfy pajama shorts, a t-shirt that's faded because of how many times it's been washed. Not to mention my messy hair that I've just tossed into a ponytail. I'm a mess.

NO! Emi, just knock and get it over with now, I tell myself.

When I finally get up the courage to knock, Noah's music stops, the door it opens and he's standing in front of it.

Noah's grinning. "When exactly were you planning to knock, because I've got other things to do, Mily," he tells me. I guess he could tell that I was pretty much pulling a stalker-moment.

Cocky asshole. I roll my eyes and start to walk away, while saying, "Well then I guess I'll leave you to-"

Noah catches my wrist lightly. "Don't be silly, Mily," he chuckles, pulling me into his room. "So, what do you want?" he questions, changing the subject.