Chapter Seventeen.

Chapter Seventeen.

    After taking my last turn, I sit down in the seat next to Noah. I can't believe this. This is horrible. What ever happened to 'beginners luck'? Yeah, that's bullshit.  I guess I'm a sore loser.

    "I was supposed to let you win, wasn't I?" Noah says, smiling at me. I wish I could smack the smile right off of his face.

    Matt would've let me win. "No. I'm pretty sure you knew that I would lose anyways. Otherwise why would you have brought me here?"

    He shrugs. "Oh, I don't know, I just thought that it would get your mind off of Matt," he says sincerely.

    I give him a suspicious look. "Really? So that's why you lure me here, to be nice and get me to go out on a date with you because you're worried about your brother—who, need I remind you, is my boyfriend."

    Noah chuckles. "Fake boyfriend," he corrects.

    "Noah, I'm not stupid. I know all about you," I smirk.

    "Really? And just what do you know about me?" he asks, leaning in closer.

    "Well, you're...you have...you know...you..." I trail off. "I don't know, you're just you. You're Noah Fletcher. You're a jerk. You don't care about anything," I finish.

    "Maybe that's because there's nothing for me to care about," he points out.

    Did that really just come out of Noah Fletcher's mouth. "Wow, Noah, that's kind of...deep," I say honestly.

    "Are you just being nice because you think that I'm going to let you out of the date you owe me?" Noah questions suspiciously.

    Maybe. But, maybe not. I don't know. I'm confused. "Will you tell me why you want to go—"

    "That wasn't part of the bet," he reminds me, smirking.

    I sigh. He's right. You know, I should've added something to make sure I got something out of it whether I won or lost. "Okay, but I have two conditions."

    "Okay...?" he says, unsure.

    I sit back in the seat and cross one of my legs over the other. "Number one; it's one date, no kiss. Number two; Matt doesn't ever know about any of this," I say, finishing.

    Noah smiles, like he knows something I don't, but he just says, "okay."

    It's around three in the afternoon when Noah and I get back to the loft complex. I don't know why, but I go into his house rather than mine. Well, actually I do know why; I want to see if Matt's back yet.

    Right when I walk into the living room, he's sitting on the couch, watching TV. He's just chilling now?

    "Hey, Matty," I smile at him.

    "What happened to you earlier, dude? You bailed on school?" Noah asks him, walking up beside me.

    Matt looks back and forth between Noah and me. "Apparently you guys did too, the school called and said you guys left," he tells us. "I pretended to be dad and said there was a family emergency and that Emi went with you because her parents were there. Yeah, you can fill in the rest," Matt finishes. "Where'd you guys go?"

    I look at Noah, not knowing what to say. Shit, how can I talk my way out of this.

    "Dude, we were looking for you. Chill. Emi was freaking out because you ditched and you never ditched. So we went looking for you," Noah says, obviously he's lying, but Matt buys it. How does he just come up with lies that quickly? I don't really think that it's a good thing.