Chapter Nine.

Chapter Nine.

We get on the bus around seven and the sky has already darkened a lot. In fact, the bus lights have even come on because it's dark. I'm so dead.

There are only a couple other people on the bus and a lot of the seats are empty. I sit across from Noah, keeping my distance, earlier was...awkward, I mean, I was sitting on his lap.

"So, you aren't going to sit on me again?" Noah asks, ginning.

I roll my eyes. "Can you not be perverted for five seconds?" I reply.

"I don't know, I've never tried," he admits.

"Okay, well, since you made me do all of this today, then you have to be nice."

Noah shakes his head. "No thanks."

"Are you afraid that you can't do it?" I challenge.

"Nope, when you're nice, people think that they can do whatever to you," he states. "Take you for instance, people walk all over you, your parents, I'm sure Matt does," he adds.

"Matt doesn't walk all over me and if he did so what, I mean, I l-" I cut myself when I realize that I was just about to tell Noah that I love Matt. I can't do that because then Noah would tell Matt, leading to Matt actually finding out that I have REAL feelings for him.

Noah stares blankly at me. "Were you about to say love?" he asks.

I play it off. "What? No, boy, you're crazy if you-"

"Boy?" Noah cuts me off. "Babe, this is all man right here," he informs me, motioning towards his body.

I roll my eyes. I don't even know why I try to 'burn' him because the boy has a comeback for everything! Maybe I should just get him in his weaker area; actually having a functional conversation.

"Noah, can I ask you something?" I break the silence.

"No, but I get the feeling that you will anyway," he chuckles.

"What happened between you and Natalie?" I ask. "I mean, you dumped her and granted I don't like her, I still think that pouring water on her earlier was a little immature," I explain.

Noah sighs. "It's a long story," is all he says.

"Well, we have about an hour and a half," I state.

"I didn't take you out so that we could share our life stories," he replies harshly.

Why is he getting so angry? I'm just asking a question. "I was just starting a conversation, it's not like I actually care," I say honestly.

"I don't think you'd even believe me even if I did tell you," he tells me.

What's that mean? "Try me."

Noah takes a deep breath, showing that he's annoyed. "This conversation does not leave this bus, got it. I mean, Matt too, he doesn't even know, alright?"

I nod. "I get it."

Noah thinks for a couple minutes before starting. "I liked Natalie, she hooked up with some junior in college and then dumped me," he explains.

I crack up laughing. There is no way that Natalie dumped Noah. "You're funny," I say in between laughs.

"Told you that you wouldn't believe me," he mumbles, not laughing along with me.

I stop my laughter and look at him, with a serious face on. "Wait, you're serious?" I ask. He nods slowly, not making eye contact. Wow, I feel like a bitch, I pretty much just laughed in his face. I stand up and walk the few steps over to the seat next to him and sit. "But everybody saw you dump her on the front steps of school, so, your story doesn't match up."