Chapter Six.

Chapter Six.

"Oh my gosh!" I hear a girl's voice yell a couple feet down the hall as I flinch in front of my open locker. Seriously? It's a Monday, Sara needs to take a chill pill, class hasn't even started and it's too early in the morning to have anything close to her pep. "Em, you will not believe what just happened to me!" Sara says, finally reaching me, but still really loud.

"What?" I ask, trying to keep the annoyed tone out of my voice. This whole weekend was way too long. At dinner last night, Noah mentioned how Matt and I are 'dating'. The whole dinner and after that, Mrs. Fletcher talked about how she always knew that we liked each other would become a couple. It was so awkward and Matt looked really uneasy, I felt kind of bad for him. If only I knew what to do to make him feel better.

When we talked over the weekend, we decided that we can't just pretend to be 'together' while people are around because that'd be too hard to keep up with. So, we're 'together' whether people are around or not.

"Okay, so you know how I said Bryan probably wouldn't ask me to Homecoming?" she asks. "Well, he did!"

I force a smile. "That's great, Sara!"

"I know right!" she says, before her smile fades. "But, don't let my excitement fool you, because I'm really mad at you," she folds her arms across her chest.

"Me?" I ask confused. "What did I do?"

"You didn't tell me about you and Matt, I had to hear it from Noah," Sara tells me.

I feel my cheeks starting to redden. "Oh...that."

"Yes that! How could you not tell me? I mean, sure, I figured it would happen sometime because like, the whole world knows that you two have something going on, but still, I'm supposed to be your best friend," she says, sadly.

What are we in grade school? Maybe I wanted to keep it low key for a couple of days. I mean, Matt wanted to be the one to tell people. "And you are, it's just, I don't think we've really told anybody."

"Oh, well, that's better..."

I look around Sara and see Matt at his locker. "Hey, I'm going to go talk to Matt, I'll see you in class, alright?" I say, shutting my locker.

"Fine, but I want details about all of this later," she says, giggling.

I nod and walk around her and stand behind Matt. I use my hands to cover his eyes and stretch up on the tips of my toes to whisper, "guess who?" into his ear.

Matt turns around, smiling. "Hey, Em."

"Hi," I smile back at him. "So, what are we doing tonight? I mean, I am your girlfriend, so I'm supposed to be nagging and controlling, right?" I joke.

Matt laughs as he shuts his locker. "You can't forget demanding and whiney," he adds. "Oh, speaking of whining and demanding, my mom wants you to come over for dinner tonight...again."

"Okay," I laugh. "Now, come on, boyfriend, walk me to class," I say and we start walking next to each other when I feel his arm wrap around my waist. It's

just for show Emi, chill...

We make it to my class a couple minutes later, getting a few confused looks from people.

"I'll see you later," I smile at him.

"Wait," he says, putting his hands on my waist and pulling me into him. He smells intoxicatingly good.

Oh my god, is he going to kiss me? I think he is! I've only dreamt about this moment my whole entire life and it's finally happening. Well, the circumstances are a little different now, but that doesn't matter...