Chapter Eighteen.

Chapter Eighteen.

In the morning, I wake up late and don't have anytime to get all cute today, so I just throw my hair up into a messy bun. I slip on a pair of jeans and hooded sweatshirt that has my school's name across it. Besides every girl is entitled to not look cute at least once a week and Today's my day.

Last night was fun, but now I feel like crap. Probably because I was up late. Stupid Sara...she will be hearing my oh-so-cheerful-mood today. Baby-sitting Holly was fun, it's the fact that Sara left her with me for like four hours. The weird thing, is that it actually got better when Matt left and then Noah showed up.

I quickly brush my teeth, slip on a pair of shoes and make my way down the steps in a hurry. I'm surprised when I'm at the last step and haven't tripped, especially since I was going so fast.

I walk into the kitchen, grab the orange juice out of the fridge and pour some into a tall crystal glass. Immediately after drinking it, I put the glass in the sink and head outside. I guess Matt and Noah left with out me. Guys; gay or straight can still be jerks.

I hate winter, why can't it be summer all year round? I think that I'm already starting to get a cold, that's probably another reason why I feel so crappy today. It's almost October and flu season is rolling in.

I get to school right as the bell rings, letting me know that I'm going to be late to class. I quicken my pace and make it to my locker, only to find Noah leaning against it.

"Well, don't you look cute today," Noah chuckles.

I sigh, annoyed. "Noah, I'm really not in the mood today. I woke up late, I feel like crap, I look like crap, and to top it off, I have a gay guy taking up residency in my bedroom!" I say, venting, but hoping that he doesn't catch the last part clearly.

Noah starts laughing. "I'm sorry. What can I do to make you feel better?" he asks.

I drop my geometry on accident. "First, you can drop the whole 'I'm going to be nice to Emily to charm my way into her pants' act," I snap.

He grins. "Mily, if I just wanted to get in your pants, it would've happened already, trust me." Noah bends down and picks up my book for me.

"Thanks," I say snatching it away from him and stopping off, slamming my locker closed in the process.

I didn't go off on Sara, like I said I would. She apologized and I forgave her. I felt better after kind of going off on Noah, but now I feel bad, because he was actually being nice. I think I'm going apologize to him at lunch. Don't get me wrong, I am not falling for that ridiculous act of his. Sure last night was sweet when he was with Holly, but who couldn't be sweet around Holly, she's like the most adorable kid ever. So, he doesn't get any points from me.

When lunch finally gets here I already see Matt at the lunch table with the rest of the guys.

"He sure has everyone fooled, huh?" a voice says out of nowhere. It's Noah.

I flinch.

"Especially you," Noah adds.

I roll my eyes. "To think that I was going to apologize for being a bitch to you this morning."

"Don't. Apologies are lame and overrated," he replies. "So, are you sitting with me today?"

I look away from Matt and turn my attention to Noah. "I can't."

"Cant, or won't?" Noah pries.

Both. I can't because of him but, I won't because of Matt too. "I'll see you later, Noah," I say.