Chapter Eleven.

Chapter Eleven.

Oh my gosh! What the hell did Noah just do?! How could he kiss me? Of all the things that he could've done to me in an alleyway, and he kisses me? I wasn't even expecting him to kiss me, shoot me, rape me, throw bread at me may, but kiss?

I bring my hands to his chest and push him away from me, then proceed to hit him with my purse. "How could you do that?" I shout at him and slap my hand against his cheek, letting it make a very loud 'smack!'. "Oh, wait, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hit you that hard," I say, stepping closer to him to see if he's okay. Wait, why am I seeing if he's okay? I don't care, I hope I hurt him.

"It's okay, I can't say that I didn't expect that," Noah chuckles.

"What the hell were you thinking, Noah?" I ask. "And in an alleyway? I thought you were some psycho, well, not that you aren't!"

"I had to do it in a time that you wouldn't expect it," he mumbles.

"So you sneak up on me every so silently then pounce?" I ask loudly. "Have you completely lost your common sense?" I question. "I find it very creepy that you're stalking me, Noah!"

Noah lets out a laugh. "I wasn't stalking you. I was walking to...a place, and I saw you walking and I hid here and waited for you to walk by, then I-"

"Pounced?" I say for him. "You...pouncer!"

"Mil, I'm not a lion!" he chuckles.

I smile, yeah, maybe 'pounce' is the wrong word. "Okay, whatever, but still..."

"Why are you even out walking by yourself this late at night, anyway?" Noah questions, changing the subject. He's asking it in a way that's also saying 'do you know what could happen to you?'. Yeah, um, buddy, you're the one that just freaking attacked me!

"Oh nothing, just thought I'd see how many times I'd get mauled by people in alleyways!" I say sarcastically. "I was helping with the homecoming float," I answer. "What were you doing?"

"Walking," he says bluntly.

"Thank you, Captain Obvious," I smirk.

"Aren't you just so out-spoken tonight," Noah chuckles. "I think that I bring out the wild side of you," he steps closer.

I laugh mockingly, "no, more like the worst-bitchy side of me, and it's because you're so...Noah!" I say. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going home, because I'm late," I add, walking out of the alley, away from him.

"Mil, wait," Noah calls after me. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to freak you out," he says, catching up to me.

"It's a little late for that, Noah," I tell him. "Why'd you kiss me, that's the more important question."

Noah sighs. "Look, don't take it the wrong way because it has nothing to do with you, but it's complicated," he answers.

I stop walking a look at him. "It has nothing to do with me?" I repeat. "It has everything to do with me! You kissed me!" I remind him.

"As I recall, you didn't object," he smirks.

"I didn't object?" I repeat. "Me hitting you with my purse and slapping you across the face wasn't exactly the universal sign for 'hey baby, give it to me'!" I shout at him.

Noah laughs. "Well then, if it were the universal sign for that, I'd have to say 'hit me baby one more time'," he grins. Did he really just quote Britney Spears?

I roll my eyes and stomp off saying, "You're hopeless."

"If you're already late, why don't we just go grab something to eat," Noah offers, not trying to catch up with me.