Lifeguard

One of my good friends Benny, was a lifeguard at the pool. I learned that when I went to the pool and saw him wearing a lifeguard uniform, which he didn't look to bad in. I was very shocked I hadn't seen him since last year. We talk quite frequently but we go to different schools so that has divided us from seeing each other. Impressing him at the pool was all I had. I have been working out almost everyday trying to get a summer body to impress him. Benny has always been ripped and it makes me jealous. Today I went to the pool with my friend Cloeigh, she is two years younger than me but we met at church camp so we were really close. I put on my very revealing bathing suit. The top was red with white polka dots and the bottom was black and high waisted, my top was a tie on. "You should try to get his attention." She said, nudging me.

"I don't know Cloeigh, he's working. I don't want to bother him." I said laying out on the chair.

"Just go do a cool flip or something and come right back." Benny was supervising the diving board area right now. "Fine, I guess I will." Cloeigh wouldn't go wait in line with me so I just stood there awkwardly trying not to chicken out. So far Benny hasn't seen me. I thought of this plan over and over in my head realizing how stupid this was, but before I knew it, it was my turn to go up. I waited till the person was on the edge of the pool climbing out until I went on the diving board. I stood at the edge and waved a flirtatious wave at him. Benny lowered his sunglasses down his nose so he could get a better look at me. He waved back and smiled. I've probably flipped off the diving board about a hundred times but this time when I went under water my top came untied. Crap! Now I usually let myself sink a bit then come back up to really nourish the feeling of being under water but I was not very good at holding my breath, at all. I was trying to tie it but I was struggling, I need air soon but I couldn't risk being embarrassed in front of everyone. I finally got it tied, my lungs now burning for air and they didn't the stupidest thing they could've done, the breathed in the water and I blacked out.

Benny's POV

Y/n waved to me, and I lowered my sunglasses so I could check her out fully in her new bathing suit, and can I say, she looked good. She did a flip, which I thought was pretty impressive considering she wasn't that flexible. Y/n usually stays under for a bit longer than usual but she always comes up but this time she stayed under longer than her usual. I was getting worried she should be up by now. I waited a couple more seconds before blowing the whistle. She was not good at holding her breath for this long. I dove into the water with only one thought on my mind. Please don't die. I swam around for a second and found her motionless drifting towards the bottom her mouth open. I swam to her and lifted her up to the surface. " Come on y/n/n." I brought her over to the side, another lifeguard helped me lift her out, then they helped me get out. I started doing cpr on her. "Come on y/n, please don't leave me." It felt weird giving her mouth to mouth but it also felt so right. Her friend that she came with today came over. "Is she okay?" She asked worried. I could still hear her heart beat in her chest but it was slowly fading. I was not going to give up on her. "Come on!" Tears started to form in my eyes, if she didn't wake up, I don't even want to think about it. Suddenly I heard her cough, I quickly got off of her and fell to the side panting. "Oh thank god." I said covering my face out of stress. I could hear her coughing and realized I should probably help her. I patted her back to help her cough so she could get all of the water out of her lungs. "Y/n/n I'm so glad you're okay." I said giving her a hug.

"Me too." She hugged me back.