Imagine#14

Sorry if the picture is a repeat. 😝

Benny called me in from the out field. "Hey y/n! Do you want to come in and hit!" He called from home plate. "Yeah-yeah!" I called back, shoot Yeah-Yeah is rubbing off on me. Everybody darted their heads towards me. "Hey! That's my line!" Yeah-yeah yelled at me. "Yeah- yeah!" I said and waved him off, crap I gotta stop doing that. "Stop it or your going to be called Yeah-Yeah 2.0!" Denunez said laughing. I started running in to home plate to hit. "Wow n/n (nickname) guess yeah-yeah is really rubbing off on you." Benny laughed and handed me the bat, I rolled my eyes. "Yeah yeah." Dang it! "That's it y/n I'm calling you Yeah-Yeah 2.0." Denunez said from the mound. "Did she really say it again!" Yeah-yeah yelled from second base, he was standing there with Bertram and Tommy. "Let's stop delaying!" I yelled to them, I put the bat in between my legs and straightened my my two pigtails that hung loosely down the sides of my neck. "Ooo she's straightening her pigtails." Ham said from behind the plate. I stopped on his foot really hard and did my getting ready routine which was basically the same thing that Benny did. I took it after him. "Wow y/n were really rubbing off on you, you even got Benny's routine." Denunez laughed. I stepped out of the box. "Sorry Benny!" I yelled to him, I didn't really know where he was I couldn't see behind me. "It's alright Sweetie." I heard him calling from close behind. I stepped back into the batters box and signaled for the pitch. It was right down the middle low just where I liked it. I swung and felt a strong connection. I looked at the ball and saw it going far. As I started running Ham was chasing me since I stepped on his foot. I started running as fast as I could which was about as fast as lightning Ham was lugging slowly behind. When I was at third I saw the ball in the hand of Smalls in the outfield so I took the chance and ran home. I saw the ball come in, this was my chance I slide into home plate and Denunez put down the tag. It was hard to tell, I looked up to Benny to see his call. He thought about it for a minute. Everyone's breath was held you could feel the tension on the field. It's like the whole world stopped just for that moment, until Squints broke the silence. "Come on Benny! My clothes are goin out of style!" He yelled from third. I laughed, Benny was still trying to figure out the call. "Oh come on Benny my leg is starting to hurt." I complained, it was it hurt pretty bad I think I'm bleeding. Coming home to a bloody leg that won't make my parents to happy. "Safe!" Benny called, making the safe motion with his arms. "Yeah!" Denunez removed the tag and Benny helped me up. I gave him a hug and pulled away. "Man you only made that call because she's your girlfriend." Ham complained standing from behind me. "Not necessarily but I love her." As Benny said these words he rubbed his nose with mine. "Aww, I love you too Benny." "Aww get a room!" A couple of the guys yelled at us. We laughed and pulled away. "Y/n your knee is bleeding." Ham pointed out literally he pointed to my knee. I looked down at my knee and saw that my leg, and what do you know my leg was bleeding like there was no tomorrow. I mean I guess that's what you get for wearing booty shorts and sliding really hard in dirt. "Oh shoot n/n!" Benny helped me over to the bench even though I insisted that I was fine it just hurt a lot. Benny sat me down and I removed my arm from around his shoulder. All of the guys came in to see if I was ok. "Hey 2.0 you okay?" Denunez asked, I laughed a little. "Yeah Denunez I'm fine." Benny took his water and poured some of it on my leg. I sucked in to stop myself from making any noise from the pain. It stung like a bee sting but a little worse. "We don't have a first aid kit." Ham said after looking around the dugout for one. "Wow guys, you play with me and still no first aid kit. You're lucky that I have one in my bag." Benny went digging in my bag and pulled out my first aid kit. "Why do you have a first aid kit in your bag?" Squints asked, "Yeah-Yeah why do you?" Yeah-Yeah said(obviously). "In case this ever happened." I said blandly, Benny gave me his hand. "You might wanna squeeze this." He said. "Why would I-" I was cut off by stinging pain, rubbing alcohol. I squeezed Benny's hand as hard as I could. "Ow!" I yelled, I covered my mouth with my hand. The guys looked at me a little worried, they had never hear my be in this much pain from an injury. Benny wrapped my leg up and put the extra gauze back in the first aid kit and stuffed it into my bag. "Guys I'm gonna take her home, you guys can keep playing." Benny said to the guys in the dugout. "Benny man she's fine you can stay a little longer. Plus you won't come back." Squints said. "Yeah-Yeah you don't ever come back when you say you will." He rolled his eyes and looked at me sincerely. "I'll be fine go play." I patted his arm. "Thank you so much n/n, I promise I'll make it up to you later." Benny said giving me a kiss on the cheek. "I know you will." I said picking at the dirt stuck under my nail. Benny was on the field and he heard me. He turned around and smirked at me, I smirked back. He always makes up for it.