eleven

Though Lysander and Agnes confessed their feelings to each other, not much had changed, except for the fact that they were more aware of each other

They would send shy looks to each other when they thought the other wasn't looking, but they secretly knew they were. All of their friends noticed it as well, but they didn't mind.

The library became their spot. They would work on their respective assignments in peace, a side of their body pressed against each other. There were many moments when Lysander was too focused on a book in front of him, and Agnes would take that opportunity to scribble down something on a small piece of paper and hide it somewhere in his belongings.

She was sure there were many notes he didn't find that were wedged in specific pages of a book, taped to the back of a piece of parchment, or hidden in his robes. She wrote notes for the people she liked in her life, but his reaction topped that of Harmony and Apollo. She loved seeing his eyes crinkle up and his canines protrude when he smiled while reading a note.

Agnes didn't dislike it when Lysander touched her, but she disliked public displays of affection. She believed that a couple should control themselves in order to make the relationship more intimate.

Lysander had never asked to hold hands with her or kiss her cheek because he understood. He didn't have to ask in order to know, and deep down, he liked being able to hold her hand and kiss her knuckles when no one else was watching.

He learned that Agnes didn't like psychical affection because she wasn't used to it. It made her feel awkward and out of place. She communicated her feelings of affection toward others with notes and facial expressions. He reassured her that not being used to psychical affection didn't make her an outcast. She was learning, as was everybody else. He told her she could be a masterpiece and a work in progress at the same time, and she thanked him for that by booping his nose with her index finger quickly. He learned that he loved it when she did that.