three

Once Agnes and Lysander were introduced to each other, they started seeing more of each other around Hogwarts

Once Agnes and Lysander were introduced to each other, they started seeing more of each other around Hogwarts. Agnes thought that was a nice coincidence, but Lysander simply put himself more in the open. Lorcan would tell his twin that Agnes would never open up to him, but Lysander brushed him off.

Agnes was in a corner of the library, reading peacefully. Lysander walked over to her and put his hand on an empty chair across from her.

"Is it all right if I sat here?" he asked.

Agnes looked up from her book and nodded.

He sat down and pulled out a N.E.W.T. level Potions textbook, parchment, a quill, and ink. She stared at him as he placed the parchment in front of him, the quill on his right side, the ink above the quill, and the textbook across from him.

Lysander, noticing Agnes was looking, responded with, "It's odd, I know. Lorcan makes fun of me for this, but I must have my school supplies placed in a specific place."

Agnes put her book down and rummaged through her bag for a spare piece of parchment, quill, and ink. She wrote "I do that too. Harmony makes fun of me for it" and slid it over to him.

Lysander read it and chuckled. "Those two are perfect for each other, but they refuse to acknowledge it. I think it's because Rae likes to bully Lorcan."

Agnes nodded.

"Hey, Fitcher, do you know Sign?"

She nodded.

"Why don't you use it? Wouldn't it be easier than having to always write things down?"

She signed, "Most people don't know it and they don't want to put the effort in to learn it."

Lysander signed, "I learned Sign from a young age."

The two smiled at each other.

"Do you want to work on the Potions essay together?" signed Agnes.

"Of course," signed Lysander.