ten

It was clear that Agnes enjoyed Lysander's company

It was clear that Agnes enjoyed Lysander's company. Even he could see it. Unlike most boys or girls with crushes, Lysander wasn't a daft boy. He knew Agnes liked him to an extent. He simply didn't know how much, but he really wanted to know. What started out as wanting to figure out why she didn't like people touching her, turned into him wanting to win her heart over.

He still wasn't exactly sure what Apollo's intentions were, but after the conversation they had, Lysander assumed Apollo was protecting Agnes as if she was his little sister, instead of wanting to date her.

Lysander decided to properly ask out Agnes that day. He didn't have a romantic gesture in mind. He knew she was a shy girl, so he didn't want to bring any attention to her. Lorcan called him out on it, but Lysander paid him no mind. Lysander approached her in the common room, then led her outside to properly talk to her about his feelings. It was odd because there wasn't much he had to give her. He didn't know if she would say yes, but he could only hope.

"Thank you for coming out, Agnes," said Lysander.

"I realize I don't have much to offer you and that we've only known each other for almost a year, but I've really enjoyed spending time with you. I'm afraid I harbor more intimate feelings toward you. I fancy you, Agnes. While you may not feel the same as me, I simply wanted to tell you. I won't be able to live with myself if I didn't have at least the guts to tell you."

Agnes shuffled on her feet, fidgeting with the end of her robe with her fingers. She shyly looked up at him. "I... I like you too, Lysander."