epilogue

Years had passed after graduating Hogwarts

Years had passed after graduating Hogwarts. Agnes had become a child psychologist, while Lysander became a Curse-breaker. It was definitely a worrisome career he chose. Sometimes, when he couldn't come home for at least a week, she would bite her nails to no end. He assured her that he would always come home, but to her, every fiancé had to say that to their significant other.

Lysander had proposed to her three years ago at a get-together at the Burrow. Molly, even in her old age, had shrieked and clapped happily. Lysander and Lorcan were friends to the Weasleys and Potters, so it was refreshing to see them. Molly had berated him to no end when she learned about him being a Curse-Breakers, but Bill managed to calm his mother down.

Agnes couldn't imagine being a Curse-Breaker. She couldn't handle that type of stress and anxiety, but there she was, being stressed and anxious because Lysander still wasn't home after nine days in Egypt.

She was impatient the moment he left the door the first day, but now, she was just scared out of her mind. She stayed up late for him each night - even though she was always tired after a long day of work.

The door opened and Agnes scrambled to her feet. As soon as Lysander's head poked through the threshold, she ran to him, flinging her arms around his neck, pulling him in for a hug. He staggered back, hitting his back against the wall. The pictures on the wall shook.

"I missed you," she whispered. "You had me worried."

He smiled and hugged her back. "I missed you too. I'm sorry I'm late."

Through many years of dating, Lysander learned Agnes didn't not like physical contact. She was simply not used to it, but now all she could do was hug and be physically affectionate toward him.

"Are you hurt? Did something happen?" she asked worriedly as she broke apart from the hug.

He looked at her and pecked her lips. "Ran into some trouble, but nothing my team and I couldn't handle."

She pouted. "Nine days, Lysander."

"I know. I'm sorry, really."

She glared at him for a moment before leaning in and kissing him. She was always weak to him. "Apollo invited us over for dinner whenever you came back."

Lysander nodded. "It's a yes, but for now, can we just get into more comfortable clothes and sleep?"

Agnes nodded. "I'm already cleaned up. You still have to shower before you get into the bed."

Lysander whined as he took off his coat.

"No whining. You're nine days late."