Chapter 12: The Heirs

"There's still so much to see." Mr. Wonka walked to the elevator and removed the glasses. "Now, how many children are left?" 

I looked back at Charlie as I removed the glasses. "Willy, Charlie's the only one left now." Charlie removed the glasses, and Mr. Wonka's eyes widened in shock. 

"You mean, you're the only one?"

"Yes, sir." Charlie replied. 

"What happened to the others?" Mr. Wonka asked. I shrugged a little, Charlie stayed silent then Mr. Wonka smiled widely. "Oh, my dear kids, but that means you've won!" 

Mr. Wonka shook hands with Charlie excitedly. "Oh, I do congratulate you. I really do. I'm absolutely delighted. I had a hunch, you know, right from the beginning. Well done!" 

He then hugged me tightly as I startled lightly. "And you too, little girl. I have a high hunch on you too. Now, we mustn't dilly or dally, because we have an enormous number of things to do before the day's out." He released me quickly as he went to the elevator. "But luckily for us, we have the great glass elevator to speed things along--" 

He was cut out as he crashed into the elevator and was knocked out by a sudden. I kneeled to him as I checked on him. "Are you okay, Willy?! Is your nose okay?!" I quickly supported Mr. Wonka as he started to get up on his feet. 

"Speed things along." He repeated as he pushed a button to make the door open. "Come on." 

Charlie and I tossed the glasses into a small bin and entered the elevator. Mr. Wonka pressed the button with the word next to it. It read 'Up and out'.

"'Up and out'? What kind of room is that?" Charlie asked. 

"Hold on, you two." Charlie and I raised our faces as the elevator rose upward quickly. I held on to Charlie tightly. "Oh, my goodness. We're gonna need to go much faster, otherwise, we'll just never break through." 

My brow furrowed as he said 'breakthrough'.

"Breakthrough what?" Charlie asked.

He looked down at us. "I've been longing to press that button for years. Well, here we go. Up and out!"

"Wait, do you mean--" I asked a little panicky. 

"Yeah, I do." He nodded excitedly. Charlie looked at me as he seemed to know that I was a little anxious. 

"But isn't it made of glass? It'll smash into a million pieces!" 

Mr. Wonka laughed as I held Charlie tighter than before. The elevator broke through the top, and it went higher and higher into the sky. Then it started to fall as we looked down, I placed my chin on Charlie's head and it went down quickly. Mr. Wonka then pressed another button and the rocket boosters appeared and stopped the falling. 

"Phew! That was a close one." I sighed in relief as I still hugged and snuggled Charlie, Charlie then placed his hand on my arms. Mr. Wonka watched with a sad expression. 

.

.

.

The door of the factory opened widely, and Augustus and his mother were the first ones to come out. Augustus was licking the chocolate that was covered all over his body while his mother carried his jacket. 

"Augustus, please don't eat your fingers!"

"But I taste so good." Augustus responded.

The next one was Mrs. Beauregarde carrying the jacket and Violet who changed all blue and did the gymnastics all the way.