Chapter 10: The Glass Elevator

Mr. Wonka pressed the button to open the almost invisible elevator as we all entered it. "I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, the elevator's by far the most efficient way to get around the factory."

I stared at the buttons that went all around the walls with amusement. "Wow, so many, many floors. This includes all the rooms." I thought in my head.

"It can't be this many floors." Mike said as he stared at the buttons as I did. 

"How do you know, Mr. Smarty-Pants?" Mr. Wonka said childishly. "And this isn't just an ordinary up-and-down elevator, by the way. This elevator can go sideways, longways, slantways, and any other ways you can think of. You just press any button, and whoosh, you're off!" 

The elevator then moved quickly to the left. I hugged Charlie tightly as Mr. Wonka placed his hand on my shoulder while he was holding the cane.

We went through the tunnel as Mr. Wonak exclaimed. "Oh, Look, look!"

The elevator then brought us to the room where there was a big snow-covered mountain with the Oompa-Loompas working at the mountain.

"Lady and gentlemen, welcome to the fudge mountain!" 

I turned to him a little as I noticed that he used Lady because I was just the only woman in this room. I then felt a hand on top of my head, I raised my head to see it was Mr. Wonka's. The Oompa-Loompas waved to us as Mr. Wonka waved back and I waved a little. They then got back to work as we entered another room. 

It had pink sheep as the Oompa-Loompas shaved the pink wools. "Oh!" Mr. Wonka exclaimed but he then stopped and giggled awkwardly. "I'd rather not talk about this one." I then nodded my head lightly as we then went to the next room.

This room looked more like the hospital as they were all white and had beds. "And this is the Puppet Hospital and Burn Center." All the Oompa-Loompas were wearing nurse outfits. One of them was pushing one of the puppets that were burned at the front door. "It's... relatively new."

As we left the hospital, the elevator suddenly stopped, I got my hands over Charlie as Mr. Wonka put his hands on mine to avoid being hit in the face like Mike and his father. The elevator went deep downwards. "Ah, the administration offices." 

The elevator stopped at the Oompa-Loompas who was a lady pink secretary. "Hello, Doris!" He waved to him, I gave a small smile to him. 

The elevator then went backward as we entered the room full of explosions and cannons all around. The elevator dived down as we looked around the room, the cannons were aimed at the target so it made me relieved that it wouldn't hit us. 

Mike then suddenly spoke up. "Why is everything here completely pointless?"

"Candy doesn't have to have a point, that's why it's candy." Charlie replied to him as I raised my face to look at Mr. Wonka. Mr. Wonka had a smile as Charlie said that. 

"It's stupid! Candy is a waste of time."

Mr. Wonka's eyes widened as he remembered his past, that day when he ran away from his house.

.

.

.

~Flashback~

"No son of mine is going to be a chocolatier!"

"Then I'll run away... to Switzerland, Bavaria, the candy capitals of the world!"

"Go ahead. But I won't be here when you come back." Wilbur said meanly as Willy grabbed his backpack and walked out. Wilbur gripped tightly on his gloves as he watched his son. 

Willy closed the door and walked away, he admired the flags but when he arrived, the policeman gripped his shoulder. "Sorry, son. We're closing for the night." 

Willy looked around as he knew that he walked into the room where the title said, 'Flags of the world'.

.

.

.

He walked and watched the opposite side and his face changed into a horrific shock.

The building that was his house disappeared between the buildings. 

He dropped his backpack to the ground as he stared silently. The thunder was crashing above him.

.

.

.

~Back to the present~

I looked at Mr. Wonka with worry, he was having a flashback like back then. But I think this one that he's having is the worst one. I then gripped his hand with my left hand as my right hand was still on Charlie's shoulder. 

Mr. Wonka snapped out as he felt the hand on his, he looked down and saw my worried expression. "Are you alright, Willy?" I whispered. Mr. Wonka then slowly smiled as he gripped my hand tightly. He then patted my head like he always likes to do.

Mike then interrupted the moment as he suddenly said. "I wanna pick the room." 

Mr. Wonka then smiled fakely as he replied. "Go ahead."

Mike then looked around before he pressed the button named 'Television Room'. The elevator then stopped roughly again and went forward to the other area.