Chapter 3: Miracles

"Charlie, Did you wait a long time?" I ran to Charlie who was standing at the front gate of the factory. He turned to me briefly and watched the factory. I followed his gaze to see the factory in front of us. We both closed our eyes, inhaled the scent deeply, and let it out. 

"Did you see that some kid in Russia found the last golden ticket?" said two men who walked with their dogs as we both eavesdropped on them. 

"Yes, it was in the paper this morning, Good boy." he then spoke to his dog. "Come on, George. Good boy."

I looked at Charlie who had a disappointed face, I put my hand around Charlie's shoulder to confront him. "It's fine, Charlie. It's not really important that we still have each other." 

Charlie smiled a little and hugged me tight and I hugged him back.

.

.

.

We then walked back home but Charlie saw some paper stuck in the snow. He knelt and took it out. It was a ten-dollar bill!

Charlie looked up at me before he took my hand and went inside the store. He took out his gloves before he gave a bill to shop keeper, "One Wonka Whipple-Scrumptious Fudgemallow Delight, please." 

"Yep." The shopkeeper took the money and gave the bar to him. Charlie then passed it to me. 

"Maybe you should eat, Sis."

"No! I'm okay. It's your money, you should eat it." I told him but Charlie insisted. 

"But I buy it for you, you're always starving yourself and give your food to me. please." He made his puppy eyes, begging for me to eat it. I gave up on that face every time. 

"Okay, but you have to open it for me and we share it, okay?" I requested him and he nodded. The shopkeeper smiled and shook his head at the sibling scene.

A woman dropped the newspaper and said to the shopkeeper, "The nerve of some people." I looked at the paper that the title said.

'RUSSIAN TICKET A FAKE'

Still One Wonka Ticket Left

"I know. Forging a ticket, Come on." 

I ignored them and watched my brother tear the paper and we saw something shine on the chocolate. Charlie pulled the ticket off and passed the chocolate to me. We both stared at it with amazement and shook. 

The shopkeeper stopped arranging stuff and looked at the golden ticket. "It's a golden ticket." 

A man raised his face and stared at the ticket.

"You two found Wonka's last golden ticket! In my shop too!" 

A man came closer to us as he began to talk. "Listen, I'll buy it from you. I'll give you $50 and a new bicycle--"

Another woman suddenly appeared on Charlie's other side as she gave a better deal. "Are you crazy?! I'd give him $500 for that ticket. You want to sell me your ticket for $500, young man?"

"Don't mess with him!" I put my arms around Charlie and hugged him tightly. 

"That's enough of that! Leave them alone!" The two raised their faces and shut their mouth. The shopkeeper leaned toward us and said, "Listen, don't let anyone have it. Take it straight home, you two understand?"