Chapter 2: Golden Tickets

The red bicycles rode out of the factory and turned in every direction. They stopped at each of the pillars and stuck the paper on the pillars. 

.

.

.

In the morning, a crowd of people was watching a paper sticking in a pillar with curiosity. Charlie pulled me into the front so I could read it clearly.

"Dear people of the world, I, Willy Wonka, have decided to allow five children to visit my factory this year. In addition, one of these children shall receive a special prize beyond anything you could ever imagine."

When we returned home, the news flashed on the TV.

"Five golden tickets have been hidden underneath the ordinary wrapping paper in five ordinary Wonka bars." 

.

.

.

"These candy bars may be anywhere, in any shop, in any street, in any town, in any country in the world."

In Tokyo, Japan, every student waited at the door to wait for the shop owner to press the button that opened the door. When she did, all the students picked every one of Wonka's chocolate bars. 

In Marrakesh, Morroco, everyone traded their animals for Wonka's bars while some of them sneakily picked the bars from the ground. 

In New York City, everyone picked a box filled with Chocolate bars inside from the statue that they placed like a skirt until they empty. 

.

.

.

~Back in Buckets' house~

"Wouldn't it be something, kids, to open a bar of candy and find a golden ticket inside?" Grandpa Joe spoke to us as we sat on the bed beside him.

"I know, but we only get one bar a year.... for our birthdays." Charlie said. 

"Well, it's your birthday next week, bro." I reminded him.

"You have as much chance as anybody does." Grandma Josephine said. 

"Balderdash. The kids who are going to find the golden tickets are the ones who can afford to buy candy bars every day. Our Charlie and Charlotte get only one a year. They don't have a chance."

"Everyone has a chance, Charlie, Charlotte."

"Mark my words. The kid who finds the first ticket will be fat, fat, fat."

.

.

.

Grandpa George was right, the first kid who found the ticket was named Augustus Gloop. He lived in Dusseldorf, Germany, with his parents as his father was a butcher.