Chapter 8: Violet Beauregarde

We entered the room and there were odd machines all around the room, it was making gum and candy. The Oompa-Loompas in this room were in black suits instead of red. 

Mr. Wonka stood in front of us, I was standing behind Charlie as we stood in front of the tour. "Now, this is the most important room in the entire factory. Now, everyone, enjoy yourselves, but just don't touch anything. 'Kay? Go on, scoot."

Violet went first, followed by Mike and his father. As they ran to the pot the gums were dropping into the pot and Oompa-Loompas was swimming as he got the gum. "Hey, Mr. Wonka, what's this?"

Mr. Wonka then turned in Violet's direction and looked at the machine. "Oh! Let me show you."

Oompa Loompas then handed him the red ball to him. "Thank you." 

He then walked in front of the crowd and showed it. "These are Everlasting Gobstoppers. They're for children who are given very little allowance money. You can suck on it all year, and it'll never get any smaller! Isn't that neat?"

"Wow, that's interesting." I thought. 

"It's like gum." Violet said. 

Mr. Wonka then corrected it for her. "No. Gum is for chewing. And if you tried chewing one of these Gobstoppers... you'd break all your little teeth off. But they sure do taste terrific." 

He then walked out as Charlie and I followed him when Mr. Wonka sensed someone following him, he turned to the others as he whispered to me. "How many candies did you eat per year?"

"Not much, Mr. Wonka. We don't have much money." I replied. 

"Then if you don't mind about it, Can I give it to you?"

"Really, but why me?" I questioned. 

"Yes, because I saw you staring at it when I talked about it." He then gave the Gobstopper to me as he walked in the other direction. 

"And this is Hair Toffee. You suck down one of these boogers, and in exactly half an hour, a brand-new crop of hair will start growing out all over the top of your little nogging. And a mustache, and beard!"

"Who wants a beard?" Mike asked bored.

"Well... beatniks, for one. Folk singers and motorbike riders." I then saw Violet and Veruca looking at each other briefly. "You know, all those hip, jazzy, super-cool, neat, keen, and groovy cats. It's in the fridge, daddy-o. Are you hep to the jive? Can you dig what I'm laying down? I knew you that you could. Slide me some skin, soul brother." 

He reached his hand to Mike but Mike just stood still. Mr. Wonka then took it back as he continued. "Unfortunately, the mixture isn't quite right yet. Because an Oompa-Loompas tried some yesterday and, well, he--"

he paused as the Oompa Loompas that he told us about walked to him. His hair was covered over his body and reached the floor. 

"How are you today?" Mr. Wonka asked him, he gave him two thumbs up. 

"You look great!" He added awkwardly.

.

.

.

We then arrived at the other machine as the Oompa-Loompas dropped something on the pipe. 

Mr. Wonka walked to the lever as he said, "Watch this." 

He then pulled the lever down as the machine started up with loud sounds of alarms. We then saw the liquid inside bubbling loudly, as the long metal object unfolded itself, and at the very end, a small stick of gum came out. Violet took the gum and held it in her hand.