Chapter 1: The Bucket Family

.

.

.

"This is a story of an ordinary little boy and a teenage girl named Charlie and Charlotte Bucket. They were not faster or stronger or more clever than other children."

"Their family was not rich or powerful or well-connected. In fact, they barely have enough to eat."

"Charlie and Charlotte Bucket are the luckiest kids in the entire world."

"They just didn't know it yet..."

.

.

.

~Charlotte's POV~

At night, when our mom was making cabbage soup for all of us and I helped my little brother, Charlie, do his homework, our dad had just arrived home. 

"Evening, Buckets." Dad said. 

Our grandparents said hi to Dad as Charlie and I greeted him. "Hi, Dad."

"How is work today? Dad." I asked him. 

"It's great. thanks, honey." He then went to Mom and kissed her. 

"Soup's almost ready, darling." They looked at soup before Mom asked him for a suggestion. "Uh, don't suppose there's anything extra to put in?" 

They both quieted for a moment before Mom cut him off. "Oh, well, Nothing goes better with cabbage than cabbage." She went to chop the cabbage in half as Dad walked to Charlie and me.

"Charlie, Charlotte. I found something I think you'll like" He said and picked toothcaps that he got from the toothpaste factory from his pocket. 

"It's exactly what we need." Charlie picked one of them up and smiled widely, I got a factory homemade that uses tooth caps out of the cabinet. 

"What is it, kids?" Grandpa Joe asked. Charlie then put a toothcap on a sticking man's head. 

"Dad found it, Just the piece we needed," Charlie said. 

"What piece was it?"

"A head for Willy Wonka." I responded. 

"How wonderful." Grandma Josephine said.

"It's quite a likeness." Grandpa Joe said when he looked at the sticking man looked like Willy Wonka. 

"Think so?" Charlie said. 

"Think so? I know so. I saw Willy Wonka with my own two eyes. I used to work for him, you know?"

"You did?" Both of us asked. 

"I did," Grandpa said.

"He did." Grandma Josephine confirmed. 

"He did." confirmed Grandpa George.