13. The Show Must Go On

Lettie stared wide-eyed and jaw-dropped back at Freddie following his suggestion, really more of a declaration. 

"We would love to have you. And, it would give you some experience in the field." He winked. 

Lettie was shocked and incredibly touched. "Oh, Fred - you don't have to do that-"

"But I want to, Dear! The position is yours if you want it!"

 A huge smile spread across her face.  "Oh, thank you! Thank you! Yes, yes I do! I would love that very much!"

"Excellent. Well welcome aboard, Darling."

"But don't you have to, like, formally hire me?"

Freddie appeared as though he hadn't thought about that. "Roger?"

"Yeah?"

"How would you like it if Juliette started working here with us?"

"Yes!"

He shrugged. "Everyone's on board, and that's formal enough for me. You're hired!"

She laughed.  "Thank you!"

"Welcome aboard, Darling!"

----------------------------------

When Lettie asked Tina for the phone number at the boys' flat, she was instantly flooded with questions. Why did she want their number? Was she finally going to do something about the two catches, Roger and Brian? No, she answered.  She was working with Roger and Freddie now, and Freddie spent a lot of time at the flat, so it only made sense really.

But that's not why she was ringing this time. 

"Hi, Tim? It's Lettie."

"Hi Lettie, how are you?"

"Pretty good, you?"

"Good thanks."

"I was wondering if Brian's home."

"Yeah, he is. Just a moment, I'll pass you along."

"Thanks." She could hear him calling in the background and a few moments later Brian's voice spoke.

"Hi Lettie. Tim said you were asking for me?"

"Hi, yeah I was.  I have to do this modelling project for one of my classes, me modelling some clothes I've designed. You mentioned you're good with photography, and it sounds like you've got a nice camera, so I was wondering if you might take a few pictures for me? I know you're busy, but I don't think it will take very long, it's only a few pieces of clothing."

"Oh, thank God. For a moment there I thought you were going to ask me to be a model."

She chuckled. "You say that like it's a bad thing ."

"I think it would be."

"Well I personally think you'd make a lovely model."

"Why thank you, no one's ever said that before. And I'm not so sure I'm 'good with photography'-"

"Oh, have a little faith in yourself!"

She heard him chuckle. "But I would be happy to help you with your project."

"Brilliant, thank you!"

"You're welcome.  When do you need the photos by?"

"We have just under two weeks until the project is due, so lots of time still."