v

I blinked.

He blinked.

I blinked.

"Say something."He finally speaks up.I feel like I swallowed a jar full of nails.

"Juice."I spurt out.It was the first thing in my mind.He raises an eyebrow clearly humored by my bluntness.I shake my head."Do you want juice?"

"No."He keeps his gaze locked on me a serious expression glazing over his face.

"Pancakes?"He raises an eyebrow a smirk on his face.

"I have apples?"I offer when he doesn't reply.

"Coffee?"I offer I had a pot brewing for my mother who practically ran on the bitter caffeinated drink.

"I hate coffee."His tone serious like he was prepared to take over the world.

"Good,me too."

"Where is everyone?"He asks implying on where my family went.

"My mom and Freddie are both asleep."I walk over to my kitchen sitting back in front of my unfinished pancakes.

"What do you want?"I look up at him feeling an awkward chill cover the room.

"You."

My gaze locks on his.What did he just say?Does he want me?Like what?That doesn't make any sense.

"What?"

"Your help."He fixes his sentence."I need your help."

"What you need is to form coherent sentences."I retort he rolls his eyes at me before slumping on the chair across from me.

"Shut up."He groans.He begins to speak again but instead the sound of Emily walking down the hallway came.Alex cocked his head the direction of the sound of her walking.

"Why are you guys staring at me like I just walked in on you guys fucking?"She cocks and eyebrow an amused smile playing on her face.

"As I was saying."Alex clears his throat turning back to me."I need yo--"he doesn't get to finish.

"I was in that bathroom for a good ten minutes."Emily rants."And you still haven't mustered up enough guts to say why you showed up at her doorstep?"She lets out a frustrated growl sounding like a stressed out squirrel.

"Anyways."Alex goes back to me turning his head back to me completely ignoring Emily."I need you to help me get something."

"Are you going to explain what that something is?"I raise an eyebrow while he throws a smirk at me.

"It's your virginity."Emily laughs."He needs your help getting in your pants."She grabs her stomach almost doubling over in laughter.

"Gross."My nose scrunched up at the thought of having Alex even near me.

"Does she have to be here?"His tone serious but the humor in his eyes told me otherwise.

"Yes."Me and Emily both say in union.

"What do you want me to help you with?"I ask getting tired of all the stalling.

"I need you to help me tap into the school surveillance system."He says calmly without of hint of anything but seriousness in his voice.

"What?"My eyes go wide,there is no way on Earth this boy was serious."no."

"I need you to do this for me."He places his palms on my kitchen table his body coming closer to the edge of his seat.

"Why do you need to get into the he school system?"my voice is shaky with my heartbeat in my ears.What the hell was he trying to get me in?

"You don't need to know."He grudges crossing his arms over his chest.