xxxi

I could still feel Alex's lips on mine.

He'd seemed worried when he dropped me home, making sure I made it inside before zooming off to the stars knows where.

It had brought on the sinking sinking feeling in my gut that let me know things weren't supposed to end well.

  My dress was on the floor taking up a huge chunk of my bedroom floor while I was sprawled out in my pajamas on bed. I pretty much resembled a starfish with my pink attire and limbs hanging out. But I was to work out to care.

Flashes of what happened earlier erupted in my mind. The way we moved, the way his lips felt.

The feeling of when my hands roamed his chest through his shirt still lingered on my fingertips.

  I brought my fingers to my lips touching the place where his lips had been as if to give myself a reality check. It had happened, me and Alex actually smooched and I liked it.

I make my way upright so I'm sitting on the edge of my bed. My stomach about to combust with all the butterflies swarming around in my guts.

My heart raised as I picked the dress up again to put away.

"And then Julian kissed May right in front of her boyfriend!"Emily goes on reliving the moments at the formal while telling me all she remembers from Saturday.

"Who's Julian?"I ask the name making no recognition in my head; and yet I've been in the same school with them for three years.

"You know the kinda tall guy with the sleek black hair that looks kinda like Alex's but not really" I shake my head at her description trying to avoid the thundering of my heart at the sound of Alex's name.

"How was your time with Mavin?"I ask switching the conversation to how she lived that night.

" Mavin and I only got one dance out of the whole night."She sighs the look on her face telling me she wanted more out of the night then she received.

"Did he at least drop you home after?"I ask hoping my best friends night didn't go as sad as the look in her face.

"Yeah, but then he zipped like I got out of his car and he barely gave me enough time to close the door before he fled."Emily reveals. "It was like he was itching get away from me."

"Maybe he was having a rough night or something."I try to help.

"Cause he's totally the one who spent all day getting ready to try and impress their date."she rolls her eyes lifting up her sandwich from its container before taking a bite.

"Well something might have come up; you never know"

"How was your night?"She asks switching the subject.

I go to speak but then feel my stomach drop. How exactly was my night?

Perfect, where I got to put on the best dress I've ever seen and go star gazing only to see the stars when I closed my eyes and felt his lips on mine.

"It was good,"I respond not being able to croak out all the things boggling in my head.

I haven't seen Alex all day and there was no calls or texts or anything from him yesterday. He wasn't even in chemistry today.

It was strange I'll admit; not talking to Alex for two days made me feel like I'd gone through ten years without him.

"Seriously?"She asked,"did you go see Alex at least?"

"Actually;"I pause for a moment looking at the way her eyes began to twinkle when I cut in"he came to visit me."

"But he was in the hospital?"she asks,"how?"

"He snuck out to meet me,"I don't hesitate now to tell her but feel the heat rise from my jaw and work its way up to my cheeks.

"He what?!"She exclaims reeling in attention from people passing our table by.I tell her to shush herself after catching the looks of the strangers."he came to see you? Did Freddie catch him? Holy Guac and Tamale" She says lowering her voice but not containing her joy and excitement.

"Guac and Tamale?"I ask feeling my eyebrows knit together in confusion.

"I'm testing out new phrases; but tell me what happened."She rushes to say the ends and beginnings of her words meshing together.

"Freddie left before Alex came and we went to this park where you could see every star there was."I tell her feeling like a thousand lightbulb a had lit up
inside me.

I was about to go on when the bell rung making it time for my next class.

"I'll see you later; alright?"Grabbing my bag in one hand and my trash in the other I begin to stand as Emily does the same.

"Bye Katie."She responds before we depart from our cafeteria table and head to class.

Alex wasn't in school today. But if he was, he did sure hell of a job avoiding me. I'd probably drowned his phone in "where are you" texts to all of which I had yet to catch a response from.

Maybe he didn't like the kiss? Maybe he got himself in trouble? Maybe he hates me? Maybe he relocated to Mars?

All the questions running through my head when all I wanted was to now that Alex was still alive and kicking. At this point I didn't even care if he liked me or not. Just him being okay was what mattered most to me.But then again I wouldn't not not be mad at him for kissing me and making me feel like all the stars and then dubbing me like I was the the first slice in a loaf of bread.

"Just coffee?"I ask after taking down the order for six coffees, five of them with cream and one with milk. The management has been riding up all the waitresses asses about getting customers to make purchases other then coffee. But hey they don't call it a coffee house for nothing.

"Actually, I'll have a corn muffin."The girl at the table calls back after I've already turned around.

I turn back around scribble 'c muff' in my shitty handwriting "Right on it."I respond with a tight mile before turning back and making my way to the counter.

In this chapter we learn that procrastinating a chapter for six months is the worst thing ever. Thanks to anyone who read this. Alex is shitty.I'm shitty. This chapters shitty. But heyyyyyyyyyy! Hope you have a nice day and I hope to finish this story off before 2023 so be on the look out for further updates.

As always leave a comment or vote or do both cause why not!

-oly anj