Chapter 6

Chapter 6
Vulnerable

●●●

Tanghali na nang magising si Meghan sa araw na iyon. When she got out from the beach house, natanaw niya sina Annie at Remi na nasa cottage at nag-uusap. The two ladies looked like they were enjoying their time under the sun. On the other hand, she was puzzled when she saw her bodyguard, Kaiden Velasco, standing while roasting a steak on the barbeque grill. The man wasn't even wearing a top, just his usual black slacks and a gun holster around his weight. As usual, nasa holster ang baril nito.

Kaya naman pala enjoy-enjoy ang dalawa niyang yaya sa panunuod kay Kaiden.

"Ma'am!" Tinawag na siya ni Remi at kinawayan din siya. She waved back at them and smiled. She was already wearing her bikini and was just covering herself with a large red sarong.

Nang makalapit na siya ay tinabihan niya ang dalawa sa cottage.

"Tamang-tama ang dating niyo, Ma'am. Malapit na matapos sa pag-gawa ng steak si Ser," Remi told her. Napatingin naman siya kay Kaiden.

"You cook?" She asked, still confused. And for the first time even, nakipaghalubilo sa kanila ang bodyguard niya. Lt. Velasco is usually aloof and a loner, palagi pa nga nila itong pinipilit para lang sumabay sa kanila sa pagkain.

Napatigil naman ito at tinignan siya. He seemed understand her, "They don't know how to cook the steak correctly. Tinulungan ko lang sila."

Napatingin naman si Meghan sa mga yaya niya. She squinted her eyes at them in disbelief. The two women laughed.

"Ma'am! Hayaan mo na, nagvolunteer eh," Annie said first, laughing.

"Sus, Ma'am. Ang ganda ng view natin oh!" Ngumuso pa ito sa nakahubad na katawan ni Kaiden sa harapan nila, "Hindi lang ang tiyan ang busog, pati mata mo."

"Remi!" Pinanlikahan niya ng mga mata ang yaya. Tinawanan lang siya ng mga ito.

"Are you really sure na okay lang na ikaw ang magluto?" She asked again.

"Yes," Simpleng sagot nito. The guy's eyes were focused on the grill.

"Do you really have to be naked?"

Tumigil naman ito at napatingin sa kanya ulit. And again, another unusual thing happened. He smirked and gave her a coy grin.

"It's hot, the grill is making it worse, I have to take off my shirt," He answered dryly. Hindi pa rin siya sanay na nagsasalita ito ng mahaba, "Do you have a problem with it, Ma'am?"

She felt silent at what he just said. Naalala naman niya ang sinabi nito 'nung madaling araw... I don't do friends, I do something else...

She swallowed a lump but then it was her yayas who reacted in unison first.

"Walang problema, Ser!" Sabay na sabi pa ng dalawang helpers niya.

"Kahit forever ka pang maghubad," Remi added, giggling like she was having fun flirting with Kaiden (despite the age). Meg shook her head instead. Ang pasaway talaga ng dalawa.

"Lalangoy po muna ako sa dagat, mga ate," She just told the two and she took off the sarong that was covering her. She was wearing two-piece black bikini. Honestly, hindi naman talaga siya mahilig magsuot ng ganun... well, she started slowly liberating herself when she got annulled with Stefano. When they were still married, Stefan was too controlling and manipulative towards her. She wasn't even allowed to take vacations. Ngayon lang siya nakahinga ng maluwag.