Chapter 4

Chapter 4
Order

●●●

"Yes, Sir. She's okay. She needs bed rest."

"Copy. At your service, Sir."

Nagising naman si Meghan nang marinig niya ang boses ng bodyguard niya. Kinukusot-kusot pa niya ang mata  niya at pinasadahan ng tingin ang paligid. She was already inside her room. She immediately took off the blanket covering her and looked at her stomach. She was already wearing a loose white shirt and black shorts. She touched her stomach and realized it wasn't bleeding anymore.

"W-What happened?" She asked Lt. Velasco - who was standing beside her bed. Sa mga oras na iyon, ramdam niya ang bigat ng pakiramdam ng katawan niya.

"You collapsed," He answered, "The stitches on your stomach opened. It was bleeding."

She stopped and stared at him for a moment. For the first time, narinig na naman niya itong magsalita ng more than two words. She was expecting that he wouldn't answer her properly again.

"Marunong ka pala magsalita..." She replied, eyeing him suspiciously.

Napabuntong-hininga naman ito, "I know how to talk, Ma'am. I just choose not to."

"At bakit?"

"Because it's not my work," He simply answered.

Meghan rolled her eyes, "I'll tell my father to include in your job description to talk normally."

Natahimik naman ito at kinunutan siya ng noo.

"That's an order," She said. She then remembered what happened to her before she fainted. She was at the city gym, helping the fire victims. Then she went to the rest room and she saw her ex-husband, Stefano...

"Lieutenant, have you seen the man who attacked me at the city gym?"

"We did everything but there was no man inside, Ma'am. And you were bleeding. I had to bring you to the hospital but because of what just happened to you at the rest room, I called for a doctor to redo the stitch instead, at your house - for safety. I called your parents and they instructed me to stay with you. Hindi ka rin muna magtratrabaho sa city hall for two weeks, for your complete recovery."

"I know he was there, Lieutenant. I saw it in my two eyes. He... He almost killed me. He was strangling me..." She replied, her voice trembling. She was sure it was Stefano. Hindi pwedeng nagmamalik-mata lang siya.

Bumangon naman kaagad siya mula sa kama niya, "I'm going to the city jail."

Bago pa man siya makalakad ay hinarang na siya kaagad ng bodyguard niya. He was giving her an intense stare.

"Ma'am, you're not allowed to go out until two weeks," His voice was stiff as ever.

"I am allowed. I am the daughter of the president and I am the mayor of this city, you can't stop me, Lt. Velasco. You're under my supervision."

Hinawakan naman nito ang braso niya. His grip around it was tight but not enough to hurt her, "No."

"Lieutenant," She was already gritting her teeth. She needs to go that prison again to make sure her asshole of an ex-husband is still behind the bars.

Nakipagtagisan naman ito ng tingin sa kanya.

"Go back to bed and rest, Ma'am," He told her while staring intensely, "Don't make my work difficult."

"Get out," She replied instead, feeling the anger inside her, "Call Remi and Annie. Ayokong nandito ka sa kwarto ko. Sila lang ang pwedeng makapasok dito."