Forty: Dawnting

~

“I’m so sorry!” I screech, leaping onto the Martian the moment she shifts through the Denominator’s floor.

“I-It’s fine Hana,” M’gann hugs me. “I understand why you had to do it.”

“Good. I’m glad,” I smile, stepping back.

We begin flying for the warehouse.

“Could you- Did you fix Kaldur’s mind?”

“Artemis and I did, together.”

“Your escape?”

“All thanks to the vengeful quest of Cheshire and Sportsmaster.”

“How’s that?”

“Wanted to avenge Artemis’ death. Once we had them convinced that she wasn’t dead, that she was Tigress, we worked together to escape,” she says.

“Glad you’re here now. But…”

“What is it?”

“The Team, minus Nightwing and I have been captured. Take a look at the sky.”

We reach Gotham as she peaks through the glass at the night stars.

“What is that near the moon?”

“It’s a long story.”

~

The full story was explained to M’gann by Nightwing whilst I prepped the Denominator for space flight. We left and descended into the space around the Warworld.

Now, M’gann is using her telepathy to track the team. The Warworld is huge- and we’ve been here for hours. Each minute passes agonisingly slowly.

“Anything?” Nightwing asks M’gann.

“No,” she sighs. “I’m sorry. I can’t sense any of them. But the Warworld is so big, they could easily be out of range.”

“We’ve been flying the surface grid pattern for hours a-and you’re exhausted,” Nightwing admits. 

“I’m fine! I-I can do this!” She argues.

“Of course,” Nightwing holds his hands up. 

They continue to speak, but my com beeps in my ear.

“Doctor Fate to Emerald Star. I have it.”

“Take control,” I say to Nightwing, standing up.

“Why? Where are you going?”

“There’s something I have to do.”

I leave the bridge for the air lock and leave the ship, flying to the Watchtower at my top speed. When I get there, I fly through the shield and land in the garden.