Thirty Seven: Love Quarrels

HAHAHAHA! XDD I LOVE YOUR REACTIONS TO THE END OF JAIPHNE! 

Enjoy!

z~z

"The Doctor says I might never walk again. The mana Klarion put in me effect my spine. I've also gone bind in my left eye, and I can hardly hear out of my right ear. 

All I can do is stare and try to speak.

"I don't blame you," Raven says, her Colombian accent drenching her words. "Though what you did to him broke his heart. Made him even more insane than he was."

"B-Broke his heart?" I repeat, moving forward in my seat which is by her bed.

"Yes. When you joined the co-ops team he became extremely...jealous. He became more and more abusive by the day. Once he hurt Teekl so bad that I zapped him to stop him from killing himself. As you can see, I paid for it."

How do I respond to that?

"It's fine. You don't have to say anything. You saved me. Right now I'd just like to go back home. I don't suppose you could try and contact my mother?"

"Of course," I say hoarsely. I get out as fast as I can.

Walking through the empty hallways of STAR Labs, anxiety begins to build itself in my chest. I run a stressed hand through my hair and accidentally walk into someone around the next corner.

It was Nightwing. I look up at him, then burst into tears.

I am almost inconsolable as he tries to calm me down. I choke out the different life challenges Raven will face- and it's all on me.

"It's not your fault," Nightwing repeats, holding my head to his chest, patting my hair. "Witch Boy is insane Han. Raven was never safe with him."

"But some of what destroyed her was my mana," I pointed out, still hiccoughing. 

"He forced you."

"But I-'

"Stop saying but," he interrupts.

He releases me and steps back, holding my face. "Even if it was your fault, you saved her. You did. Anyone else who was there barely helped. You saved her, okay?"

Taking a deep breath, I nod. We hold hands as we walk out.

"I have a surprise for you," he says. An image of the ring from Paris appears in my head. "Oh?" I say.

"Remember that spa on the outskirts of Happy Harbour?"

"Of course."

"I'm sending you there in two days. You, Catherine and the girls."

When he says that, I smile slightly. 

In high school, Zatanna, Karen and I were part of a group of girls in our year. I haven't seen them since we moved and I miss them dearly.