Twenty Four: Goodbye Best Home

“Get it off, get it off, get it off!” I panic. Nightwing finishes hacking my collar before I stand back and chant a spell. “Evig em pot deeps!” I yell.

After that I am sprinting abnormally fast to the Sanctuary.

I drop to the floor and open a portal as fast as I can, the other end of it opening in the Denominator.  “Everyone in! Come on! All of you!”

All of my alien animals, plus Garr’s puppy and the Lizard family travel through the portal. Orion must have been asleep, because he is there. After that I find myself running super fast through the base trying to save everything.

I end up piling souvenirs from Garr’s room into the portal, some of his stuff, some of M’gann’s, Zatanna’s, Superboy’s and stuff from the med-lab. 

I take extra precaution by placing Raven and her bed into the portal carefully. Orion reaches up and helps. 

Sprinting into the hangar, I open the Denominator hatch where everything is piled up. I close it and send it out the hangar door using voice activation.

My magic is extremely low. I turn and use most of what I had left to portal the jaguar and the bioshop to safety. “Sphere!” I yell. She’s nowhere to be seen.

I am back in the mission room, having been gone for only one minute.

“I got out what I could!” I tell them, when the bomb begins beeping frantically. Dick, Connor and I pretend to pursue to make it look legit.

We take the Super Cycle out via the hangar.

I just spot Kaldur’s ship when the bomb goes off. I feel myself being thrown violently.

~

When Mal arrives at the mountain he is stumped on what to do. That’s when the Denominator lands beside him. It is Orion who climbs out.

“Hey boy; where’s the team?”

Orion looks out over the ocean and Mal gets the clue. He scans the water and finds Sphere, who calls out to him.

Immediately he runs into the water, swimming out far to where he could see Sphere in he bike form. Superboy lay across the seats with Hana on top of him.

Nightwing and Wolf are on one of the engines, when a wave splashes up and pulls Nightwing in. Mal dives in to drag him back up.

“Conner! Hana!” He yells, splashing water on both of them. Superboy is awakened, but Hana shows no sign of being stirred.

“Questions later man! Take Hana, the Super Cycle is sinking!”