Ten: Sparkling

Check the gif. There one on every chapter>>> 

~

"Did you know?" Was the first thing out of my mouth when I came face to face with Doctor Fate. Aquaman and Captain Atom were there too.

"I was aware that she had inhabited you. Zatara informed me upon my joining of the League."

"Yet you felt no obligation to tell me of your relationship with her?"

"It seemed irrelevant. I realized there was no benefit for anybody from releasing that information." 

My mouth opened to protest. When I found none, I frowned at him. "You make her angry," my hand went over my chest, feeling a stir of pain. Anger from Midnight.

"Where did you find such information Star?"

"A book written by Secilia Cavern."

This seemed to spark Fate's interest. "During my time with Kent Nelson, Midnight overtook Secilia and attacked us. We managed to contain her."

"In a prison of graphite and lead?"

"Yes. I assume that was in the book?"

"It was." I looked down with a sigh. I guess there is no harm in telling them. "This prison. Does it still exist?"

Fate straightened slightly. Captain Atom and Aquaman both frowned. "It does. Are you saying there is a need for it?"

 I sighed, before telling them that Midnight had been showing up in my reflection constantly.

"This is how it started for Secilia. As long as you remain strong in will, she cannot take over. I will however show you the prison. Should you feel as though she is taking control, simply imprison yourself within it."

So we ended up in the basement of the Hall of Justice. Right down in the Earth. One of the floors opened up to a wide space. In the middle of the room was a giant glass cylinder; the prison.

"The floor is made of graphite and painted with white lead paint. This is enough to contain her," Doctor Fate told me.

"If it is not?" I asked, folding my arms.

"Then we are doomed."

Days later, I was on the sofa, and it was late at night.

"I take it it didn't work?" I asked Dick when he returned home. Sighing, he slipped off his mask and sat on the sofa, Sunshine laying in-between us.

"No. It's...he's pretty bad. Worse than originally thought," he replied. Tonight had been the night he, Wally, Jim Harper, Black Canary and Green Arrow tried to convince Red Arrow to return to his League duties, rather than search for the body Cadmus cloned him from.