Chapter 37

Hello my favorite readers!

As you can see, SW immediately stepped up to first place! Keep it up my awesome winged-readers! (By the way you guys are doing an amazing jobs at hiding your wings! Props to you!) Your "Thank you" (/bribe) is in the chapter ;)

I'm glad many of you like the name of Aiden's peryton. I thought maybe it might be too fancy and it would sound snobbish;)

One Shots questions and answers:
First off, please write at the beginning of the one-shot that these characters belong to me and it is a one-shot for Secret Wings:)
•You can add your own characters.
•You can have more than two of my characters show up, but please have the main interest be focused on two maximum. Your story will not be disqualified if you don't, but it's less likely to win.
•You don't have to dedicate your story to me, but some people (who are super fast writers!) have done that and I think it's actually a good idea. So that part is up to you:)
•Please limit one entry per person.
•Winged don't know about Christmas, so don't really have Christmas decorations up, but that doesn't mean they can't have some hanging around because it looks pretty! Plus, they do have New Years.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have anymore questions:)
[Closed]
-------------
Chapter 37

The center island and its temple turned out bigger than I first thought.

A bearded man in long white and gold robes was waiting for us, and greeted us as soon as our feet touched the paved floors.

"Welcome, my children," he bowed his head, tilting his wings forward.

Autumn and Chase seemed a bit put out, but bowed back in greeting. Aiden and I soon followed suit.

"Autumn White, Junior Troop Second in Command Chase Parker, Elite Archer Aiden Lark, Aeolus Princess Hailey Underwood," The man enumerated.

My eyes widened, how did he know who we were? Did the Sperodyfis magic make him a mind reader or something?

He chuckled lightly, "No, I am not a mind reader."

Typical thing for a mindreader to say, I thought, and Aiden gave me a knowing look that showed he was thinking the same thing.

The man continued, "I was told of your coming."

Cue other look exchanged with Aiden: cliche magical guy who somehow knew who we were and 'was told of our coming'? Either he had spies or he was a mind reader.

Aiden formed the word 'spy' with his lips, but I was more leaning towards the mind reading-thing.

Mind-reader/Guy-with-spies-everywhere didn't react to our thoughts.

"I received a letter from your first in command telling me the king's advisor had sent you on an urgent mission."

I glared at the ground: why did Bree have to ruin everything? There was obviously nothing special about that man now.

"Could still have spies," Aiden whispered to me under his breath.

Chase narrowed his eyes and sent him a 'Stop being rude/weird'-look.

"Your First in Command also gave me a letter for Aiden." Aiden gulped visibly as he received it. "Let me introduce myself, I am the High Priest of Sperodyfis."

"It's an honor, Sir," Autumn, a.k.a the only person of the group who could act normal in social situations, said graciously.

"Indeed," I smiled, even if I had to idea what that title meant.

Chase and Aiden interrupted their glaring contest to agree.

"You have had a long journey," the High Priest said, most likely mistaking our weirdness for tiredness. "I will have someone show you to your sleeping quarters and get you some food. Hailey, may I talk to you about what the Royal Advisor gave you?"