Chapter 15

Hi everyone!

Well I've been really busy the past weeks, but look, I was still able to update on time!

I just want to thank everyone who commented, voted or followed -or all three!

I don't have time to personally thank everyone of you, but know that I really appreciate your votes/comments/follows. (And just so you know I read all the comments:) )

This chapter is dedicated to @IonaBaird123 , a talented young writer whom I'm sure will go a long way! Never give up on your dreams:)
-----

Chapter 15

The hours that followed were long. The elderly lady from before, Marcy, along with two of her helpers, came to my rooms with horrible news. I, Hailey Underwood, would have to wear a dress for nothing more than a ridiculous dinner. And not just any dress, no, to make my suffering worse, I would have to wear an elegant, floor-length gown.

At least I got out of having a pink one. Yep, that's right, these heartless women also wanted my dress to be a bright, bubblegum pink. The winning argument: "Pink doesn't go well with my eyes or my wings! A green one would go so much better!"

I never thought I would say this, but thank you Allison for all those speeches on matching colors.

After they had taken some measures and Marcy had drawn some quick sketches, she sent her two helpers away with instructions to "hurry up and start setting up everything."

With a reproachful look, she told me, "Shame on you for making my little girls have to rush to finish your dress! Pink would have looked so good on you, too!"

That almost made me feel guilty. Almost, because hey! it was a pink dress, they should feel bad for trying to make me wear one, too!

When I acted this way, Ali would always tell me I was such a tomboy, to which I protested that being a tomboy wasn't simply not liking to wear dresses. Tomboyish girls liked doing boyish things like sports and stuff, whereas I was as athletic as a stuffed teddybear. Of course, when Ali and I did wear dresses -for very special occasions, and only because my dad wanted me to- Ali wore the pink one, so I didn't have to beg someone to let me wear another color dress. I sighed, feeling nostalgic thinking about my best friend.

Marcy led me quickly to a large room with a floor so shiny I could see my reflection in it. She left in hurry, muttering something under her breath about fabric and dresses. I don't know why, but I don't think she likes me very much.

"Hello, you must be Hailey!" A blonde woman in her twenties greeted me warmly, introducing herself as Ellie.

She was very pretty, with her pale pink wings enhancing her pale complexion. She looked nice enough, though her next words changed my mind.

"Welcome to etiquette class!" She said with a bright smile.

I wanted to ask why she looked so happy about torturing me, but I didn't want to make things worse for myself, so I kept quiet.

Etiquette class was as fun as the name implied. After learning all about table manners, we finally got to the proper behavior to have towards all the different people I would be meeting.

"Good, Hailey! You catch on fast!" Ellie praised me, as I gave the appropriate remarks to the different people she acted out for me.

Seriously, how could this lady not hate me already? But Ellie's eternal smile was contagious, and I found myself smiling back at her, "Thanks, Ellie!"

When Ellie finally deemed me well-mannered enough to be let near the important people of the Royal court, we took a small break. And yes, if you're wondering, I did learn to curtsy. That might have been useful to know before meeting the king, but thankfully he didn't seem to mind.