Chapter 20

Hi!

Important if you're interested in the writing game:

Me before asking you guys if you were interested: "yeah it could be fun, I think we can get about 20 or maybe even 30 people and then write together!"

*starts counting people who say they want to be part of it*

"1, 2, 3..." (A while later) "158, 159..."

Yes. I'm not kidding. About 160 (!!!) of you are interested in being a part of this. It's amazing. (I always said you guys were awesome, and I'll say it again without hesitation.)

It also means we can't do it exactly like I have planned earlier, but I think I found a good way to do it. I think we could each write our own chapter (alone or in small groups), one after the other, that follows the same story line, more or less, that was set by the previous chapter. (Hopefully you understood me.)

Anyway if that sounds good to you or if you want to know more, go to my profile. I'll post a new book, for now called Writing Game (creative, I know), where you can learn more about it and we can get everything straightened out before we actually start.

Hope to see many of you there!

-----------

Chapter 20

I pushed open the big wooden doors of the library just a crack and slipped inside. The room was huge, with full bookshelves that reached up to the high ceiling.

"Well, hello, Hailey. I didn't know you liked reading."

I jumped, turning around to see Anselm, who chuckled at my surprised face and apologized for startling me.

"Is there anything I can help you with? Or were you just looking for a book or a quiet place to think?"

"To be honest, I was going to see what kind of books you guys had, but since you're here, there are somethings I'd been wondering about that maybe you could help me with," I admitted.

The king's advisor pulled out the chair next to his and signaled for me to sit down.

"What seems to be the matter?"

I sighed. "I just... I mean, being a princess means I have a duty towards the people of Aeolus, right?"

"Yes, being part of the Royal family isn't just an honor, it's also a responsibility. But whether it is one you want to embrace is up to you. After all, your allegiance might not lie here, and if you decide taking on the role of a princess isn't appealing to you, no one would think any less of you."

"But that's the thing, I feel like I belong here. Everyone is just so nice to me, and I don't want... I don't want to be a drag," I completed, quoting Autumn's words.

"Hailey, I'm sure you couldn't be a burden to any of us if you tried."

I mustered a smile. "Thanks, Anselm. But I don't know how I can actually be useful. I mean, what's expected of a princess like me?"

"Hailey, one shouldn't do something just because it is expected of one to do so."

I kept quiet. I couldn't deny feeling a bit impatient. How was that helpful?

"You should do something, not because people expect it of you, but because you feel it is right." Anselm continued.

"But what if I don't know what the right thing is?" I asked, starting to feel a bit desperate and more lost than I was at the beginning of the conversation.

"Then you must find out."

I thought someone really needed to tell Anselm to brush up on his advise-giving skills, because I didn't see how 'then you must find out' helped me in anyway.