Chapter 36

This chapter is dedicated to @ThefabledDavid for all the nice comments he never fails to leave me:)

(Sorry, I've been kind of forgetting about dedications lately...) All of you regular commenters are especially appreciated, and in time I come to recognize your usernames/ profile pictures and smile every time I see them:)

About the One-Shots: [ENDED]

A few rules:

You may ship any characters you want, as long as they are not related by blood.
There is no word minimum, but the maximum is 4,000 words. (This is approximate. You won't be disqualified for having 4,001 words;) )
Must NOT have any R/Mature content.
Tag your story #SWoneshot and comment the link on this chapter (this one only to make it less confusing please!) And please don't spam. It won't make your story any more likely to win.
I reserve the right to exclude any story from the contest should they have inappropriate, undesirable, or against the rules content.

Deadline: January 3rd, 2015.

This is the prompt/theme:

It's Christmas time, whether in the human world or Aeolus (where they don't actually celebrate Christmas if they haven't had lots of contacts with humans). What is/are your favorite character(s) doing? Short must focus on one or two characters only, but how ever many you want can make an appearance.

Tip: I will be looking at creativity most of all, but the writing itself (grammar, etc...) will also be considered.
-------------

Recap:

Aiden joined the group in the mission to Sperodyifis. The four of them stopped for the night at a farmer's and decided the detour to the guard tower would be worth it.

-------------

Chapter 36

As soon as we landed at the foot of the guard tower, I folded my heavy wings back thankfully.

"Too much flying. I'm not fit enough for this."

"Don't say that, you're holding up great," Chase said. "If anyone told me that about a week ago you didn't know how to fly, I would think they were lying."

"But then again, you're not very smart, so-" Aiden ducked out of Chase's reach, sticking out his tongue tauntingly.

Chase decided to ignore him and strode up towards the wide doors of the building.

A tall, bearded man answered the door. "Yes?"

Chase extended his hand. "Chase Parker, Second in Command of the Junior Troops. How do you do?"

The man shook his hand firmly. "Landen Merrick, Senior archer here at the Hamar guard tower. Please come in."

"So, they're just going to let us in, no questions asked?" I whispered to Autumn.

She laughed quietly. "First, most people don't walk around with a sword like Chase's if they aren't in the military. Second, his belt. The buckle has the Junior troop insignia. Third, I've heard that there's something special about their handshakes."

I nodded, "Wow, you sound like Sherlock Holmes."

"Elementary, my dear Watson." She joked.

Aiden sent us a 'you're weird' look, and we followed Chase inside.

***

I wasn't aware I was sleeping until someone shook me awake. Somewhere along the boring, military talk, I must have fallen asleep, curled up in a comfy, beat up armchair.