5} The Party Don't Start Till I Stumble In

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Song: "Come Out And Play" By The Offspring

Chapter Five: The Party Don’t Start Till I Stumble In.

The Problem with the color red is that people always notice it. It’s like an evolutionary tick or something. Unfortunately this is also the color of Sutton’s car. It’s currently benefiting me zilch at the moment since being noticed is still the opposite of what I want. No matter of primping can solve that little phobia.

Though that didn’t mean it wasn’t true for the rest of the group.

Sutton is dressed in a tight strapless black velvet dress with gold crosses on it, fish net tights and combat boots. Her signature leather jacket is over top of it all really bringing out the blonde of her hair. Her green eyes are heavily coated in black eyeliner making them pop as they lazily scan the area.

Tommy is in a leather jacket as well. Under it is a white plain t-shirt and black jeans with his usual black boots. His bright blue eyes also look around from under the hanging locks of coal colored hair from his head. His lip ring seems to glimmer in the light of the huge bonfire a ways away as he plays with it.

Carla is the total opposite of them both. While they went for the whole punk Romeo and Juliet she went for something brighter. She’s in a neon pink tight waist high skirt, a black strapless crop top and black booties. Her dark curly hair is controlled into a bun on the top of her head as her pink colored lips purse at something in the distance.

I, on the other hand am just scared to death of falling on my face. At the last minute Carla stuck me in some black high heels. Now my focus is purely on trying not to walk like a newborn baby deer. I can report to you now that, that simply is not a mission I think I’ll be completing.

I’m a mess but admittedly a hot mess.

“Alright.” Sutton sighs happily grinning as she looks at the scene before her. “Lets fuck shit up!”

Taking a few deep breaths I nod hastily. There’s no going back now. I’m here; and in these shoes I doubt I can run fast enough to get away. Deciding to take in the scene as a way of preparing myself I notice what I can. I see the woods, lights, and people and I hear the music.  Looking back at Sutton I notice she looks a little concerned.

“You going to be okay? You look like your going to vomit again.”

Shaking my head I force a smile, “I’m okay. A bit nervous and scared shitless but I’m okay.”

Laughing she puts an arm around my shoulders.  “So, tonight I think I’ll let you meet Calvin.”

“Calvin?”

“Sutton’s lover.” Carla informs me with a wink.

“No, he’s a guy who is really important to me.” Sutton corrects with some force in her tone.

“Important?” I echo.

“In Sutton speak that means they fuck like rabbits whenever they see each other.” Tommy informs me.

“Tommy, I swear to god I will tell everyone here that you got the clap if you don’t shut up.” Sutton threatens.

Rolling his eyes Tommy steps away from us, “Whatever. Listen I’m going to go talk to some people. I’ll see you guys later.”

“Sure.”

“So Calvin is what? Like your semi-boyfriend.”

“Well.” She sighs running a hand through her hair. “He’s kind of a guy I like…a lot but it’s a casual thing currently.”