29} Caught Red Lipped

© Amber Kalkes 2015

Song: "Under The Bridge" By Red Hot Chili Peppers

Chapter Twenty-Nine: Caught Red Lipped

"Emmy-"

"Carla." Tommy sighs, "Don't."

"No, I'm going to say this." Carla snaps before turning her attention back to me, "Emmy, what Sutton did was wrong. I know it, you know it and hell even Tommy know it."

Tommy's light blue eyes move lazily over to Carla, "What's that supposed to mean?"

She ignores him, "But you can't just sit here and mope about it."

"I'm not moping." I grumble.

Her light green eyes slowly take in my seated and hunched over posture, my head cradled between my crossed arms and of course the miserable look on my face. I feel as miserable as I feel. The whole night Sutton kept our interactions to a bare minimum and gave Lou a dirty look every chance she could. I've never been in a fight before, especially with a person I thought was my best friend.

I don't think I'm built for things like this.

"Sure you're not." Carla drawls with an eye roll.

"What am I supposed to do?" I ask with a scowl, "Just pretend it didn't happen?"

"No. Just appreciate everything else you have. You have us, you have Lou and once Sutton sees the error of her ways she'll come crawling back."

I bite my lower lip and shake my head, "I don't think so. She looked pretty certain in her choice. She said she wasn't picking sides but she clearly did. I don't know if I can ever trust her again."

"Don't be dramatic. With every 'ever' and 'never' you add in with her name your digging a hole. " Carla says before sighing, "Listen, other than this one slip up Sutton has always been for you right? Maybe she's the Godzilla of dumbasses right now but she'll come around and when she does you two will be friends again. Don't shut her out though or rule out the possibility of being friends again. Believe me when you burn all the stuff they've given you and they come back you always regret it."

I smile a little and Carla's face splits with a grin. Tommy speaks up with a small smile of his own, "Well at least you got her to smile with your verbal vomiting. She was starting to worry me."

"You? Worried?" I scoff, "Impossible."

"And out come the claws." He chuckles before winking at me, "Good to have you back."

"Whatever." I tell him with a shy smile and eye roll.

"Lets celebrate with a smoke out back." Tommy suggests as he stands up and stretches like a cat. His shirt rides up and I see a few more hidden tattoos trailing up the pale skin of his side. He drops his arms though before I can see what they are though. "I've done enough time in the cafeteria to last a lifetime."

"Don't blame me. You guys are the ones who dragged me in here. I was perfectly happy in my hiding place." I tell them with a little shrug as I sit up.

"Good friends don't let good friends sit like psychos in the dark of the auditorium alone." Carla quips before grabbing my arm so I have to stand up, "Lets get some fresh air."

"Or some cancerous air." I add.

"To each their own."

Carla throws an arm over my shoulder and starts escorting me out of the cafeteria but we don't make it far. A tall blonde with brown eyes and an all year tan gets in our way pretty quickly. I immediately attempt to take a step back but Carla forces me to keep my footing.