So, I would usually wear hoodies and jeans, trying to cover up as much skin as possible. And with the girls in my school that strutted around in a mini everything, they wasted no time on me.

But things were different this year. I was 17 now, and I couldn't stay in the dark my whole life. And, also, all the people I knew last year had moved away, so I wouldn't have to worry about breaking my reputation.

And when I say everyone, I mean EVERYONE. Suspiciously, near the end of the year, all the students, all the teachers moved away to all over the country. Even the principal was gone. My friend's parents suddenly had gotten amazing offers from their companies. Promotions, raises - everything that the people in this small town couldn't refuse. It was like someone wanted the whole school abandoned. So, soon I was left alone in the town that  I was raised in.

My father owns a small store in the village selling hiking gear - which is needed as the surrounding forests and mountains make it a perfect holiday location. Even my father was offered to set up a huge store in New York. But he just laughed and said "Who is going to want to hike there?". No amount of money could persuade him to leave the store he had started himself, so we were left alone.

Which meant that it wasn't like I was going back to my old school after the summer - I was going to a completely new school with no one I knew. I would have to make new friends, meet new teachers, and have to sit alone for lunch on the first day. I wouldn't know anyone but my sister, which wasn't great let me tell you.

A fresh start almost. I could be whoever I wanted to be, and no one could complain, except my sister, but she complained anyway. So I could talk however I wanted. Dress however I wanted. Get a new reputation. No longer would I be the shadow in the corridors - I could be the nerd, the class clown, the talk-a-tive one, the girly-girl, the athlete, the SLUT even! Though I highly doubted that I wanted to go THAT far, you get my point.

So I stood before my closet critically, wondering who the hell I wanted to be this year. Finally, I decided on a short, white dress that had hung in my closet untouched for months. I adjusted the thin straps over my shoulders, and tied the bow on my back.

I suddenly remembered that it had been cold this fall morning, so I went to my window again to check if it was warm enough to wear it. A crisp breeze flowed over me, but I could tell that it was warming up already. Leaving the window open, I walked to back to my full, length mirror that hung on the inside of my closet door.

I was turning around, trying to look at myself from all angles, when another breeze swept in from the window. It twirled around the skirt of my dress, and before I could stop it, the wind lifted it up. I hastily pulled it down, my fears of last year coming back to me. What if this happened at school? And this outfit, it would certainly get some attention.

I panicked for a second - my mood had swung from calm to this in a second. My eyes darted around the room. Then, I forced myself to breathe. I knew I had to hurry, I only had ten minutes left, and all this worrying was wasting time.

After another calming breath, I went back to my closet and rummaged through it. My face lit up when I saw my jean short-shorts, buried under all my warmer clothes. I quickly slipped it on, and smiled at the ingenuity of my plan. Not only was I protected from the wind, but if any boy tried to lift up my dress, which I had seen happen at school, my shorts would be there as a safety layer. And, luckily, it wasn't visible from under my flowing dress.

Seven minutes.

I walked over to a smaller dresser that stood in the corner of the room. Pulling out one of the dresser, I gazed happily at my perfect collection. Of shoes. I was obsessed with them. I had every style possible. Last year, I could never show off of any of my favourite clothes, but shoes were perfect. Who ever looked at your feet?

I gently lifted up one pair after the other, carefully searching for the perfect ones I knew I had. A white strap suddenly caught my attention behind a pair of suede boots, and I sighed as I picked them up lovingly. Perfect. The cute white sandals would fit wonderfully with my dress. I slipped them on, smiling as I saw pieces of my pale skin peeking out from between the criss-crossing straps. I loved when shoes could make an outfit so complete.

Four minutes.

Realizing that I was getting dangerously late, I hurried into the bathroom. Luckily, I had remembered to straighten my hair the night before, and I only had to comb quickly through it to make it straight again. Putting on the lightest dash of mascara, quickly rubbing in some lip gloss, and brushing my teeth soon had me ready to go. And with one last look in the mirror, I left the bathroom and ran downstairs.

I grabbed my brown bag from the chair beside the door, and hung it over my shoulder. My sister had obviously left already, because of the tell-tale silence that was never in the house if she was home.

I heard my mom coming from the living room, and I quickly slipped outside, not sure if I wanted her to see me like this just yet. She might just get a heart attack.

2 minutes.

Getting my bike from where it was propped up against the wooden walls of our house, I started the short ride to school, glad again that I had worn my shorts. The birds in the trees surrounding me chirped when I passed, my hair flying in the wind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's the first chapter! I know it isn't very exciting - but I'm leaving that for chapter 2 (hopefully) :)

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT!!! <3