Chapter 26

Uhhh.... don't you guys hate Mondays? I sure do! Had the most horrible day today! I mean, could it get any worse? Hmmm... yes... it probably could, but who cares :D Maybe that's why I'm listening to What The Hell by Avril Lavigne now :P (GOOD song! Listen to it :D)

I hope this will cheer you guys up loads then from horrible Monday-ness!

ENJOY <3

P.S. It's no longer the end of October, but the beginning of November (in the story of course!). I just had to fumble around with the timeline a bit... you'll see why later!

P.P.S. It's ALL in Brent's P.O.V., so I hope you don't mind!

P.P.P.S. Ok, YOU CAN READ NOW :D

EDITED BY: ThumbsDWN :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brent P.O.V.

Okay, a few points I would like to clarify.

1) I was now an official, full werewolf.

2) I was Liza Macdonald's mate.

Yeah, the joy of finally becoming what I've wanted since I was born was slightly marred by the fact that my mate hated my guts. How would you like it if your soul mate, the person who was destined to be with you forever, punched you on sight? It was not the best of experiences, let me tell you.

I knew for sure that she was my mate, though. I had felt that amazing eye connection when I saw her in my wolf form, and tricking her into touching me had been easy, but I could never have imagined the wonderful shock, literally, it gave me. There was no other proof needed.

But she loathed my very existence...

The question was, how was I supposed to win her back?

Let's look at the facts why she hated me.

One had to be that I was the one who had hated her at first. And then there was that time that I had tried to get guys to beat her up. Don't forget that I had set dogs on her. Forbidding anyone to be her friend wasn't the best move ever, and my girlfriend had also knocked her unconscious.

This list was getting seriously long.

I had used her. I had mocked her. I had scorned her. I had played with her feelings. I had done everything in my power to make her life living hell. 

Just as I had promised.

I was missing one very important point though.

Oh, right - I had broken her heart.

Of course, that would be the most important for her. After all, she was a girl. Girls loved all that mushy-gooshy, lovey-dovey stuff. And ruining their perfect romance would be #1 treason...

I seriously needed to get less cold.

But what can I do? I'm a guy after all.

And I'm not going to change just for her.

I can live without her...

Yeah, right.

                                                               ***********************************

"Brent?" my mother's voice floated through the door into the hallway, "Is that you?"