Chapter 30

Jenna's P.O.V.

When I woke up I had a sense of calm wash over me and it was wonderful. I finally opened my eyes and I gasped. I was in an entirely white room tucked into almost blinding white sheets. I got up and headed to the only door in the room. When I opened it I was all of a sudden in a house. Confused, I walked around the corner to see a stairwell.

"Hello?" I call out but hear nothing. I cautiously walk down the stairs and I walk into what I'm guessing was a kitchen. Still no one. Then I hear footsteps and I freeze. I grab a wooden spoon, don't judge, and go behind the table. As the footsteps get closer I can hear my heart pounding in my chest. When the person rounds the corner I gasp and question where I really am.

"Mom?" I ask.

"Jenna?" she asks and looks at me startled. I nod and run over to her and engulf her in a hug.

"I missed you." I say feeling the tears start to well up. She holds me closer and starts to rub my back. "Where am I anyways?"

"Oh, um well," my mom says not making eye contact.

"What? What is it?"

"Well, you're not technically dead but-" and she didn't even get to finish her sentence when my ears started ringing and fell to my knees disoriented.

Alex's P.O.V.

I vaguely hear Holden trying to talk to me as I cradle my mate in my arms and whisper that its going to be okay in her ear. I numbly pick her up and carry her back to the pack house and I hear the faint voices disappear completely. When I reach the pack house I am immediately greeted by the pack doctor but I push past him and walk into the hospital. I lay Jenna down on a bed and push back the hair from her paling face.

"You're so stupid." I whisper then finally break down. I feel someone place a hand on my shoulder and I look up to see Holden looking at me. He holds out his hand and I take it. I run a hand down my face brushing away the tears. That's when Dr. Anderson walks in and silently tells Holden to get me out of there with just a look. I of course try to fight it but then I remember about Clay. I freeze and as Holden finally loosens his grip on my arm, I bolt up to Clay's room to see him sleeping peacefully. I sigh and walk over to him and pick him up. He opens his eyes and giggles. I walk over to the doors to the patio and open them stepping outside. I look down at Clay who was now sucking his thumb.

"Hey there little guy," I say and kiss his forehead, "mommy is going to be okay. She's strong and-and will make it through this. You look just like her. Her brown eyes and soft blond hair. All you got from me was my nose. Don't you worry. I'll always be here for you." I say more for myself than him. And with that I start to do something I never do: sing

Look at the stars
look how they shine for you
and everything you do
yeah they were all yellow
I came along
I wrote a song for you
and all the things you do
and it was called yellow
So then I took my turn
oh what a thing to have done
and it was all yellow

your skin
oh yeah your skin and bones
turn into something beautiful
and you know
you know I love you so

I swam across
I jumped across for you
oh what a thing to do
'cos you were all yellow
I drew a line
I drew a line for you
oh what a thing to do
and it was all yellow

and your skin
oh yeah your skin and bones
turn into something beautiful
and you know
for you I bleed myself dry