Chapter 26

Jenna's P.O.V. 

"Alex! Where are you?!" I scream and take off into the woods. I'm carrying Clay in my arms and he's sleeping. 

CRACK

I turn my head around and come to a stop. "Hello? Alex?" 

"Run." Is all I hear in response and fear crashes over me like a tidal wave and I take off holding Clay even closer. I run for what feels like forever until I come to a clearing. I look around but see nothing among the grass. I do smell something odd though. I start walking forward and the scent gets stronger and that's when I recognize that it's blood. Specifically Alex's. I start to walk faster, frantically looking for him until I see him on his back lying in the middle of the field. 

"Alex! Oh my goddess Alex!" I yell as I reach him and see that he's covered in blood and there's a huge gash across his stomach. 

"Jenna?" He weakly asks.

"Yes it's me. Stay awake. I can't lose you! I love you too much!" I say and tears are streaming down my face at this point.

"Just don't let him...get...Clay....." He says then his eyes flutter closed and I feel numb.

"Alex? Alex! No talk to me! Please!" I sob and shake his shoulder and all of a sudden Clay is gone from my arms.

"Sad sight isn't it." I hear from behind me and I see Damien and he's holding my child. 

"Give him back." I growl still holding Alex's cold hand. 

"Now now don't raise your voice. Wouldn't want to wake the baby." He says and I can't shake the pure panic that is coursing through my veins.

"Just give him back and let me be!"

"Sorry darling. Can't do that. Now enjoy being completely alone having lost 2 children and a mate." He sneers and disappears in a cloud of mist.

My baby. My mate. My life. All gone.

I fall to the ground and sob. I let the darkness overcome me not having the strength to even live anymore. 

~~~~~~~~~

"Jenna! Wake up! It was just a nightmare!" I hear someone say and I bolt upright. I look at the person shaking my shoulder and I'm met with the piercing green eyes of my mate. I choke out a sob and throw my arms around him and he is surprised at first but then returns the hug less than a second later. 

"You're okay." I force out and tighten my arms around him.

"I'm right here love. What happened?" And as soon as those words leave his lips I gasp and get out of bed not bothering to fix my clothes and bolt down the hall. I burst open the door and cry out in relief when I see Clay asleep in his crib. I rush over to him and gingerly pick him up and cradle him in my arms rocking him back and forth. Alex runs in and sighs when he sees me holding Clay so tightly. He walks over and takes me and Clay into a hug and I still don't relax completely. 

After a minute or two of silence Alex kisses my forehead and looks me in the eye.
"Another one?" He asks and all I can do is nod, not trusting my voice and he sighs, placing a hand on my cheek and I lean into his warm hand. "These need to stop Jenna, we're not going anywhere Clay and I are going to bug the living crap out of you for a long time. You're perfectly safe and I won't let anything ever happen to you. I love you too much. We're going to finish training your powers so you can defeat this son of a bitch who is torturing you like this. I can't stand seeing you like this. Now come on, let's go back to bed. It's 1 in the morning. You can bring Clay with us if that is more comfortable for you." He finishes and I nod. 

He gives me a quick kiss and picks up me and Clay. I let out a small gasp because I wasn't expecting that but then snuggle closer to his warm chest. I listen to his heartbeat and I calm down. He lays Clay and I down on the bed and then lays down next to us and takes both of us into his arms, being careful not to squish Clay. He starts to hum a random tune and I slowly drift off into a dreamless sleep. Hopefully.

-------------------------

Heyyy! Sorry it's short but I wanted to build on Jenna's insecurity about how she's most likely going to be very protective of Clay in the future.

Sorry for not updating for a while and it being short but I had a tiny bit of extra time so I just whipped this up real fast for you guys.
Keep reading, voting, and commenting!

-skating4life1998 😘