Chapter 19

Jenna's P.O.V.

When I woke up, I was in mine and Alex's room wrapped up in blankets. I sat up and glanced at the clock.

4:45

Well, I guess I was out all day, Alex and I were practicing my powers this morning. I must have been really tired from training and yelling at Mike. I don't know what to do about him. I hate to yell at him but he needs to control his anger. Something's up, I don't know any mate who would hurt the other intentionally. Maybe it's just him. Anyways, I got up and headed downstairs. I didn't hear anything so I just went into the kitchen to see Maddie and Holden. I knocked on the door frame and Maddie's eyes snapped up to look at me. Her eyes were blood shot and Holden was comforting her.

"What's wrong?" I asked sitting down next to her and she let out a sob and hugged me. I looked up at Holden and he gave me a sad smile.

"M-my dad finally r-realized that I'm pregnant." She said and broke out of the hug.

"That's great! Isn't he happy?" I asked getting up to grab some strawberries.

"No! He said I'm too young and shouldn't be doing anything along the lines of something that would lead to me being pregnant until I am older! I told him Holden's my mate and he calmed down a little but I think he hates me." She said while Holden was rubbing her back. I cut up some strawberries and sprinkle some sugar on them and hand them to Maddie. She wipes her eyes and smiles.

"Thanks."

"No problem. Anyways, I just think that he still thinks of you as his little girl and you're growing up. That's gotta be hard for any father. You met your mate and now you're having a child. That's amazing but it's a big step. I know you're ready but he might not be." I say and sit down with my strawberries.

"Yeah I guess you're right." She says and leans back into Holden's arms.

"You guess?" I say giving her a 'really?' look. She laughs and Holden's smile brightens.

"Whatever, so where's Alex? I thought he was with you?" She asks.

"Right here sis." I hear an incredibly sexy voice say and feel two strong arms wrap around my waist and set me on his lap. I turn my head and see Alex behind me and smile.

"Hey." I say and kiss his cheek.

"Hi love, you feeling better?" He asks and I laugh.

"Yes mom." I say and lean back into his embrace.

Hey babe? I ask through the link.

Yeah? he says.

Can we go out to dinner with Holden and Maddie? We haven't properly celebrated her being pregnant.

Sounds wonderful. He says and gives me a kiss. I smile and turn to Maddie.

"Hey, you guys want to go out to dinner as sort of a congrats on the baby?" I say and Maddie's face brightens.

"I'd love too." She says.

"Okay, we'll leave in like 45 minutes. It's a surprise where we're going so no asking." I say and walk back upstairs to our room to get ready.

"Um love, where ARE we going?" Alex asks following me up to our room.

"I don't know. You pick." I say and kiss his lips and shut the closet door, leaving him out while I change. I hear him groan and walk away. I laugh and pick out something to wear.
___________________

We decided on going to a little local restaurant called Le Petit Gâteau, which is apparently Maddie's favorite. I sat next to Maddie across the table from Alex and Holden. We were talking and enjoying the food when Maddie got the boys' attention.

"So I figured out the baby's gender. I know it's really early but I just know some how." She says with a small smile on her face. Holden gets excited and from how he's acting I don't think he knows.

"So in about 2 months there will be a new bouncing baby boy in the world." Maddie says and I squeal and hug her. She laughs and hugs back. Holden is just sitting there in shock and Alex chuckles when he sees Holden's expression. Alex snaps his fingers in front of his face and Holden blinks and goes around the table and takes Maddie in his arms. He kisses her and spins her around. Maddie laughs and Holden puts her down so we can go back to eating.

"Have you decided on a name yet?" I ask her and she nods.

"Well, not really but I like Reid, Landon, and Asher but I haven't chosen just one." She says and looks at Holden.

"I like all of them babe." Holden says and grabs her hand, holding it across the table. Mental aww moment. I look at Alex and he has a look of longing and I make a mental note to to talk to him about that later.
__________________

When we get back to the pack house after dinner, Alex and I go back upstairs to our room. He sits on the edge of the bed and runs his hands through his hair. I sigh and sit down next to him and rub his arm.

"What's wrong." I say and he sighs and picks me up so I'm sitting in his lap. We just sit there for a little until he responds.

"I just, i want a family too but I don't know if you want one because of Lilah. Maddie's my little sister and she's growing up and I don't like it. She got her mate and a family. I know it just sounds like I'm being immature but I'm jealous. I've dreamed of starting a family and when I heard that you were carrying our pup I was ecstatic. But your old pack stole you from me and killed our daughter. I don't know if you want to start a family. I wasn't there when she died and I didn't save her. How can I be a father if I couldn't protect you?" He says and I have tears brimming my eyes. I look up at him and his forehead is scrunched so I reach up and smooth it out and he makes eye contact with me. I kiss his lips gently then pull away.

"I know, it's hard seeing your little sister growing up but she loves Holden so much and I know she wanted a son or daughter. It was bound to happen. As for us? I want a family so bad it hurts. When our little girl died it was heartbreaking. I hadn't even held her but I loved and still love her. I love you so much Alex." I say and press my lips to his. He groans and cups the side of my face to deepen the kiss. 

We then proceed to slowly explore each other's bodies. It was different then the other time. This time we truly made love. It was slow and sweet. Almost too perfect. Once we finished he placed a soft and lingering kiss on my forehead and laid down next to me. I look up at him and see the love in his eyes and it almost brings me to tears.

"I love you so much." I whisper feeling the need to keep the calmness of it all. 

"I love you too." He whispers back with a smile. 

I yawn and he chuckles. "Go to sleep. I'll be right here."

I nod and let the darkness of sleep consume me just as Alex pulls me to him and wraps us in the sheets.

~~~~~~~

Heyyy! Holy cow guys. 19 chapters?! When I started I thought will only be a few but know I think I'll do a sequel. You guys are amazing.

Do you think Jenna will get pregnant? And thank you guys for all the name suggestions. I got 3 that I love but I need you guys to comment on which of the three you liked the best:

Reid

Landon

Asher

Which ever gets the most comments or I what I like the best will be Maddie's boy name.

Keep reading, voting, and commenting!

-skating4life1998 😘