Chapter 7 The Explanation

Elijah's POV

We walked into my house, and set the girls down on separate couches. They didn't even stirr. They might even be dead if I didn't see their chests moving.

"Do you think that Kayla is going to change?" I asked referring to her becoming a hybrid. They looked at me puzzled.

"You didn't give her blood did you?" Katerina asked sounding cautious. I nodded, while she stared at me in shock.

"You should have seen how many cuts she had! She was close to dying!" I exclaimed making her face soften. I knew that she understood.

"We will just have to wait and see." Kol muttered, and sat in the chair in between Bella and Kayla. I nodded, and sat down on the closest chair. Katerina had done the same.

Third Person POV

Kol, Elijah, and Katerina waited patiently for the girls to wake up. Elijah had found it odd that the girls haven't woken up by now. It's already been two hours, but you never know if the girls had fallen asleep. It wouldn't have surprised him.

Kayla, and Bella were sharing thoughts, and dreams. The dreams were about what Riley and Derek had done to them. Nobody even tried to stop them until the two unknown people, and Elijah came to save them.

'We had gotten lucky. I'm very happy that they saved us otherwise we probably would be dead.' Bella thought to her without thinking it throughly. They were still asleep but they could share thoughts and dreams. It was like magic. The weird thing was, Kayla was transforming, and that's why they can share thoughts.

Elijah was looking between Kayla, and Bella. Every time he looked at Bella he could feel his undead heart skip a beat. He didn't understand it, but he really didn't want to either.

Earlier that night when Jacob, and Emma told Kayla that she was adopted, and she had ran out to the woods, and cried. He felt the need to comfort his daughter. So he did, hut when he was about to tell her what the world was like, and that he was her father, they were interrupted.

'When they wake up I'll tell her.' He declared inside of his head. He would make sure to protect these girls to his last breath.

He started thinking about what Kayla looked like when he bust open the door.

*Flashback*

Elijah smelt blood coming from a random room. It smelt like his, and Katerina's combined, so he knew that it was Kayla.

He kicked the door down, and when he stepped in, he stopped in shock. He saw that his little girl was covered with cuts, and forming bruises. Blood was all over the bed, and she had a teary face. He gotten back to his senses and undid the ropes. At first it burned because of the vervain, but he ignored the pain and kept untying her.

He had tried to lift her up, but she cried in pain. He knew that he couldn't carry her our in pain, so he did the only thing he could do. He bit his wrist, and shoved it into her mouth. He noticed that she started swallowing the blood right away.

She had been drinking for a while, so he took his wrist away. He noticed that she looked the slightest bit like Katerina since there was blood running from her lips now.

She pouted because she wanted more, which made Elijah chuckle.

"I need some blood to you know." He said teasingly while lifting her up. She didn't cry out in pain this time, and it made Elijah happy. He didn't care that his suit was going to get bloody. It only mattered that his daughter and her friend, Bella, got better.