Chapter 5 The Birthday And Getting Information

Bella's POV Kayla's Birthday

Finally it was Kayla's birthday, and today is the . . .hold on let me check. I grabbed my phone, and it said that today was the 21st of June. I got to spend the night last night, and I noticed that Kayla's parent's, Jacob, and Emma, have been avoiding us lately. It's weird, but maybe we will find out tonight.

"Today is my birthday!" Kayla sang while running up to me, with an excited expression on her face. I grinned.

"Yep." I agreed. "And your not getting your present from me, until we do presents." I added making her glare at me. I giggled, and shook my head at her. She was always one for presents.

"Awww. Can I guess, and if I'm right, get to open it?" she asked sounding hope full. I rolled my eyes.

"Yes." I said, and smiled at her. Kayla's face lit up, and I started laughing. "Kidding." I added with a proud smile. She stared at me in surprise. Then it turned to a glare.

"Your a jerk!" she exclaimed, and then hit my shoulder. I just laughed at her, while shaking my head. When I recovered, I saw that she rolled her eyes. I smiled, and giggled. Kayla joined me.

"Kayla, Bella! Let's go to the beach!" Kayla's mom, Emma, yelled to us.

"We will get ready as fast as we can!" Kayla answered, and started looking in her draws. She threw me a bikini with shorts, and a tank top. I went to her closet so then I could change.

When I walked out, Kayla was wearing a tank top, and shorts.

"What kind of swimming suit are you wearing?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"The blue one with a flower on the chest part of it. It ties at the neck, and at the waist or something. It keeps my back pretty much bare." she replied, and shrugged. I nodded, and we went downstairs.

Emma was waiting for us, and she held four towels. "Come on girls. Let's go!" she exclaimed with a smile. We smiled back, and hurried down the steps, out the door, and to the car, eager to get to the beach.

Kayla's POV

The car pulled into the parking lot of the beach, and I felt excitement flood through me. I looked at Bella,who was sittingin the backseat with me, and saw her grinning. She then looked to me, and she still had a grin planted on her face. I smiled, and giggled, at the same time she did.

"Let's go." I said getting out of the car as soon as my mom put it in park. The both of us jumped out, and found our spot that we normally sit at.

Bella beat me there, and sat down to claim that she won. I rolled my eyes, and walked the rest of the way. I wanted to conserve my energy for swimming.

"Slow poke." Bella commented when I reached her. I nodded with smile, and sat down next to her. She poked me in the shoulder, and pointed to the right of us. I looked, and saw that on the closest bench to us, was Elijah and a beautiful woman. From what I could see from here, was that she had brown curly hair.

"Damn is that woman hot!" Said some random guy that passed the both of us, and was staring at the woman sitting next to Elijah. Well I think his name is Elijah. I'm sure it is.

'Elijah' gave the man a glare, and I saw the woman glare at the guy to. The guy put his hands up, as if to surrender, and finished walking to his buddies. Must think he's a hot guy. Yeah right.

"Let's go and swim." Bella suggested grabbing my hand, and pulled me up. We walked over to the water, and as soon as I stepped in, I was greeted with nice cool water. It felt nice on my warm skin.

Next thing I knew it, I was being splashed from behind me. My mouth dropped open at the sudden coolness on my back. Then laughter filled my ears. It made me angry.