Chapter 2 Bad Day

Bella's POV

The bus stopped at the school, and opened the door to let us out. We winded up getting out last because people wouldn't let us ahead of them like they normally would. I have a feeling that today is going to be a bad day. . .

"What's wrong?" Kayla asked when we got off the bus. I shrugged.

"Just a feeling." I replied shrugging once more. She stayed silent the rest of the way. We were walking towards the school, but I noticed that the whole parking lot was quiet. I frowned.

"Why is everyone so quiet?" Kayla whispered making me sigh.

"I have no idea." I answered truthfully. Then Brenda, (the school bully) and her group of girls came over to us stopping us in our path. Kayla and I sighed at the same time in annoyance.

Brenda has been mean to Kayla ever since Kindergarten. All Brenda did to her was push her around, call her names, and treat her like she didn't belong there. The weird thing is, the teachers didn't notice! Not until we were in second grade that is.

Brenda kicked Kayla in the stomach on purpose. Kayla's anger took over, and Kayla slapped her in the face as hard as she could. That surprised Brenda, but Brenda didn't learn her lesson at all though. Kayla, and Brenda had detention for a week after that!

While Brenda was being mean to Kayla in Kindergarten, making her feel like she didn't belong, I befriended her. I wanted her to feel like she belonged because she does. She is my best friend, and she knows it really well.

"What do you two think your doing here?" Brenda's annoying voice asked filling the air. Right now all I want to do is gouge her eyes out. Along with her friends.

"Getting an education." Kayla replied coldly. She was probably thinking the same thing I was. It wouldn't surprise me if she was. Maybe she was thinking about something else. . .

"You don't need one! Just go live out on the streets like you deserve!" Brenda exclaimed looking the both of us up and down.

I felt anger spread through my chest. I held myself where I was so then I wouldn't attack her, but Kayla was going to. I grabbed her arm and held her back.

"Your not even getting an education, because all you do is have sex with guys to skip class. The sad part is, is that you don't even like them at all. Your just using them." I said knowingly and tried to walk past her group while dragging Kayla. They gotten in our way.

"We are not looking for any trouble, just let us in." I said lowly, and calmly.

"Or what?" Brenda teased.

"I can get you expelled by telling the principle the truth." I threatened making her gasp.

"You wouldn't dare." she said trying to make her voice threatening. Honestly it wasn't working.

"Oh we would." said Kayla. I looked over to her, and saw that she was smirking. I knew exactly what she was thinking. She wanted to tell the principal anyway, no matter what we promised. "But you have to stop being a bitch in order for us not to." Kayla added sounding smug, while crossing her arms over her chest.

"Promise." Brenda said quickly. "Let them by." she added to her friends. Kayla, and I hooked arms, and walked past them. I looked over to her, and we did the same.

"We are telling the principal right?" I asked. Then Kayla smirked proudly.

"Yes ma'am." she replied and then looked straight ahead. I giggled and shook my head at Kayla. Any promise we make to Brenda we always seem to find our way out of it.