Chapter XXVIII

Every nerve in my body was paying attention as the pressure on my thigh crept higher to the point it disappeared under the edge of my dress. The heat of Michael’s hand burned my skin, leaving my breath hitching as nervous excitement mixed with desire. What ever was happening right now was new, scary and forbidden - which only made it that much better. His hand traced the outline of my underwear and I never saw myself as the kind of girl who did this. The thought was kind of sobering.

Michael's hand stopped as his mouth slid down my chin to my neck and instinctively I rolled my head to the side. Anxiety had me feeling nervous for different reasons and despite the heat between us, I couldn’t help feel a little cold. While his breath teased my skin, I felt like I’d stopped breathing completely and the thumping of my heart made my whole body feel like it was shaking with the force. If Michael noticed, he didn’t show it and instead  breathed in deep just under my ear. With our cheeks touching now, his hand still didn’t move and I couldn’t help rub my head against his.

“You have no idea, how amazing, you smell right now.” After all that, it was those words that made me blush. “But I get it, relax Sarah.”

Just like that, the key to anticipating what could have been about to happen vanished and I was practically ached for his touch now. I opened my mouth to protest, but what the hell do I even say?

I was soon balancing on the seat of Michael’s bike, clinging to his shirt as my legs went around his knees. His hands ran over my arms, sliding over my bare shoulders to settle behind me. I wasn’t sure if I was actually sitting or if it was all his doing by simply holding me. I didn’t care, resting my forehead on his chest - there was something so intoxicating about his scent; something no cologne could ever replicate. Just like that I managed to get rid of all my nerves.

“That’s better.” He almost sounded amused.

“What?” Daring to look up, there was some kind of struggle on his face; tension had his brows creased and yet despite what ever was troubling him, he managed to offer me a smile.

“Never mind. So how are you feeling now? Danny said you’d been acting a little, weird.”

‘Weirder than practically throwing myself at you in the dark area of a car park?’ At least that’s what I was thinking.

“Better than I have- wait. Danny said what? You got all that from his howl?” All I had felt was the emotion behind it, I hadn’t heard words. Why didn’t Danny tell me about that?

“Howl? No? When I spoke- Oh.” Michael frowned.

What ever that weirdness that Danny told him about was, it came back to me then; almost to the point my gums started to ache and my teeth felt like they’d drop out at any second. Now I was annoyed at Danny, almost to the point that I wanted to go back to the party just to scream at him about the fact he had spoken to Michael and not told me.

“When you spoke, to Danny?” I asked slowly, letting Michael go and forcing him back so I could stand. “How did you even know we were here?”

“Ah! That’s what he’s talking about!” He answered, ignoring my actual question. “I don’t know if it is some freaky twin thing, cause he’s changed or if it’s something else. You do have werewolf in your DNA so it could be something to do with that to, but then again the time between when Scott started the change to when the full moon is, is a bit of a longer  gap than what people usually get. This is great!”

Humouring him, I rolled with it though my tone suggested otherwise. “What is great?”

“You’ll survive the change, I reckon even without Scott putting you through the rest of it you were only one bite away from having it happen”