Chapter V

Yelling and a lot of it, woke me. I stiffly sat up from the floor and yawned as I saw Danny beside me. Danny; not a black wolf. His head was still on my lap and looking at the space beside me, I’d been sleeping on a pillow. A blanket covered Danny and as I stirred, so did he. I didn’t move and slowly his head rolled back to look up at me.

“Sarah?” He croaked, though it was a more whisper than an actual word.

“I’m here Danny. You’re okay.” I promised.

My hand trembled as I caressed his cheek and smoothed back his hair; he noticed. His hand came up to hold mine, dirty and covered with blood. I tried not to cringe as I saw it, but then I saw him. The blanket had slipped slightly so his bare chest was exposed. Blood was smeared randomly over his chest, and a few pink cuts had nearly healed in other areas. As he lifted his other arm, I gasped and his eyes instantly rolled over to see the damage.

Bite marks left red welts on his wrist, the scratches there still red and oozing. I felt Danny go tense against me as he inspected the damage, his chest vibrating against my legs as he, growled?

“It’s okay.” I told him, not sure if it actually was. He didn’t need to panic now.

Turning to look back at me, he leaned his head closer and breathed in deeply; the vibration only growing as his lips parted and curled into a snarl.

“Take it off.” He snapped.

“What?” I looked down to find myself in Micheal's jumper. “The jumper?”

He grunted.

I awkwardly did just that, tossing it up onto the vacant bed. Danny sighed and relaxed against me, before he rolled onto his side and hugged me, pulling me closer I tried not to cry out as he found bruises of my own. Then he started to cry.

“Oh Danny, what did you do?” I stroked his hair, and glancing down, his back was as cut up as the front.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t, and then it was too late, and I’m so sorry Sar!” He sobbed against me.

We sat like that for a few minutes, until the yelling that woke me up sounded closer, angrier and I realised it was Rachelle. What was she doing here?

Last night broke into the moment; the party, the tents, the fact I’d stayed in here instead of out there.

Jake.

“Shit!” I cursed under my breath. “Danny, I have to get up. I’ll come right back!”

He didn’t let go. “No, don’t leave me Sar. No!”

“I swear to god, I will bring back the police, the SES, the fucking army if you do not let me down there right now!” Rachelle was in full battle mode. “You’ve been to jail! Fancy going back?”

Oh that’s so not good.

“I’m not leaving you. I just need to go and save my best friend from a pack of werewolves.” I actually laughed.

“What?”

“Rachelle, can you hear her?” I pointed out.

Danny groaned, holding his ears as the shouting was definitely getting closer now. With him letting me go, I was able to get up and quickly went out the door.

“Sarah!” Rachelle screamed; half furious, half relieved, before turning to Michael. “That better not be your room!”

“It is!” He answered rather smugly, but his gaze wasn’t on Rachelle. It was on Jake.