Chapter 4 This Is Me

Now that the Dursleys had confessed to everything they had done to Evie, they were charged with child abuse, child endangerment, false imprisonment, and a minor charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Dudley was taken away from Marge and charged with assault. He was put into a juvenile detention center where he learned what it was like to be bullied and beaten for being different.

Satisfied with his work, Loki went back to the hospital. He was taken to the room where his brother and niece where. When Loki walked in, Evie was in the middle of having her lunch with Thor. Her face lit up when she saw Loki.

“Uncle Loki, I'm so glad you're back,” The little girl said.

Loki smiled at Evie, “So am I, little one.”

“Where did you go?”

“I had some business to attend to with Son of Coul,” Loki said but wouldn't elaborate further.

Loki's eyes flashed to Thor, who gave him a questioning look. Loki gave him a small nod, and Thor smirked. Loki sat down and asked Evie how she was feeling, “I feel much better, Uncle Loki, thank you.”

“I am pleased to hear that, Niesen Min.”

Evie smiled at Loki; she had asked Thor what that meant, and he had told her that it meant my niece.

Loki sat down in the chair next to Evie's bed and smiled at her, “So, Brother, how long will Evie be in this place,” Loki asked.

“According to the healer, a week at most. I would like to take her out sooner and take her to Asgard where she can be cured faster, but the healer said that she is very delicate right now and the trip may not agree with her,” Thor said and patted Evie's head, she smiled up at her father as she ate her soup and rice.

“You're going to take me to Asgard, Daddy?”

“Of course, Little One, as soon as you have regained your strength. After we leave the hospital, we will go to Stark Tower and spend some time with the other Avengers,” Thor said with a smile.

Evie's eyes widened, she had heard about the Avengers. She had seen on TV that they had said New York before Uncle Vernon turned it off, calling them a bunch of freaks. Evie was looking forward to meeting the rest of the Avengers.

After lunch, the nurse came in to change Evie's IV bag and give her the pain medication that the doctor had prescribed. She handed Evie a cup of water then her meds. Evie obediently took her medication. The nurse smiled at her, “Good girl, you might start feeling sleepy here in a little bit Evie, but that's only the medication. Don't fight it take a nap. Your body needs the rest.”

“Okay, thank you.”

“You're welcome, Evie,” The nurse said with a smile then left Evie's room.

Evie snuggled under the cover and fell asleep. While she slept, Loki filled Thor in on what he had done to the Dursleys. Thor had a good chuckle about what happened. While this was going on, Agent Coulson was downstairs talking to Director Fury. He was filling the director in on what happened.

“So, you're telling me that Thor fathered a demigod, and we didn't know anything about it?”

“Yes, sir.”

“How is that possible, Coulson.”

“Evie's never used her powers before on such a large scale. So, it's never registered.” Coulson told Fury.

“What's the girl's name,” Fury asked.

“She goes by Evelyn Potter.”

“Well, fuck, we're going to have some problems.”