|36|

Megan POV

I drove towards the salon, thinking about the available leasing location for my second salon, I just came from. It was a decent size, but not too big, which is perfect. I just need a salon where I can have about eight stylists working to relieve myself of clients and the stylists at my current location.

After about thirty minutes, I pulled up to my salon, parked my truck then got out. Walking inside the salon, I noticed Jonathan having an intense conversation with his client in the chair at his station. Other stylists and their client's alike were eavesdropping on the conversation and I went over to his station.

"Baybayy, this is how much it costs. I washed your hurr, blow dried it, braided it and installed the closure. I even dyed the closure for you and plucked it. I did a service, now you need to pay for it." I overheard Jonathan say.

I walked up to him and looked at his client's hair. "Is there an issue?" I questioned, curiously.

"Baybayyy, you betta get ha. She don't wanna pay me. I told her the price upfront over the phone and when she got hea'."

I nodded. "Alright, lets discuss."

"Ain't nothin' to talk about, because I already told him he was overcharging me. Unless you're the owner, I have nothing to say!"

I laughed lightly. "Okay, let's calm down here. I am the salon owner, Megan Pete. Now, what was the original price Jonathan gave you?" I asked the woman.

"$300."

"Baybayyy, you's a liar, bayybee you is a liarrrr. I ain't neva tell you that. As much time as I put into dis hurr, no ma'am." Jonathan argued.

"Alright, hold up." I put my hand up for him to stop talking.

"You said-"

"No, I told you between $400 and $600 baybayy, not no $300." Jonathan interjected. "Megan, I plucked the wig, dyed it, you see all these different shades of orange in this wig?" He spoke.

I nodded my head and eyed the wig before walking around the client to get a full view.

"I washed her hurr, blow dried it, braided it, installed the closure, then styled and curled it hunny. It's twenty-seven inches baybay, Malaysian."

"How much are you trying to charge her Jonathan?" I asked.

"Five hundred."

I sighed and squinted my eyes at the wig. That is a reasonable price, considering all the shit he's done to the wig, plus the quality of the hair.

"How about we meet somewhere in the middle? $400, is that good?" I asked the client.

"Uh uh, $300 like he said."

Jomathan sucked his teeth and I touched his arm to stop him from saying anything.

"Ma'am, we are charging you a good price  considering all that he has done to the wig, plus doing your natural hair. He told you the range of prices he would be willing to charge you. If you knew that then why can't you pay?" I questioned. She's being very unreasonable. I discounted her a hundred dollars and she still isn't grateful.

"I'm not paying that shit. Three hundred or y'all don't get nothin at all." She spoke.

I chuckled. "You're crazy if you think you're gonna walk up outta here without payin'. Now my last offer is $375, take it or leave it."

"Can you not hear? I said $300."

"Okay." I smiled. "Tiara! Ring up Jonathan's client for $375 please!" I announced.