Chapter 19

{snap of the mountains of moran}

Rax was sure he was traveling faster then the team. He and Watson had made plenty of time.

How did Rax know? He knew when he made it into the Mountains of Moran.

"Hey, Watson, look where we are," he said as they began to scale the rocky cliffsides.

After a day of mountain climbing, there was an evening when Rax could see a stone fortress on the side of a mountain.

"That's Mount Emniss," he told Watson. The cat purred on his shoulder. "And that fortress must be the home of the Warriors of Notch."

Suddenly, and explosion rang throught the icy air. Rax could see a small side of the fortress blow off.

Watson cried out a tiny mew. "Ben!" Rax yelled, running as fast as he could to the fortress.

It took his several minutes to get to the destruction. Broken blocks laid everywhere. Two bodies were sprawled on the ground. One was a boy and the other a man.

The boy had short black hair. "Ender?" Rax asked. What was he doing here?

Rax shook the body and Ender blinked open his sharp green eyes.

...

I woke to Rax staring at me.

"Wah!" I yelled, stumbling to my feet.

"What happened? What are you doing here?" Rax asked frantically.

I searched my brain. Most everything was fuzzy. "Notch. He brainwashed me. And he tried to bring back Jane, Ben's best friend. I think it worked but something went wrong."

"Wait, Notch can bring people back from the dead?" Rax asked.

"Gregor!" The voice of a girl suddenly called.

Rax and I found her.

She was hidden in a small cave made by the explosion, laying on the ground with blonde hair splayed around her head.

I had never seen her before, but I knew it was Jane. The fact that she looked younger than me was strange. She seemed 13 or so, the age that she was when she died, and if she hadn't, and aged normally, she'd be 16. The thought was a sad one, as so many tragically are.

"Where 's Gregor?" Jane asked as we helped her up.

I glanced around. "We need to get out of here. Notch might wake up soon."

Rax nodded and his black cat seemed to mew in agreement.

"Notch?" Jane repeated angrily. "Where was he when Herobrine killed my family?"

Grabbing her arm, Rax slung Jane over his shoulder.

"What are you doing?" She exclaimed, grabbing at her waist for a sword that wasn't there. I noticed for the first time that she was wearing only pure white clothing. "What is going on?" Jane yelled rather than asked, which is something angry people do.

"Here, be quiet, everything's going to be okay," Rax said calmly.

"Who the nether are you? Where are we?"

Rax, sighing, covered her mouth and she began to kick at flail. "We need to leave. We can come back for Ben later."

Jane stopped strugging and her eyes grew wide at the mention of Ben's name. "Ben?" She asked in her muffled voice.

"Yes," Rax said. "If you calm down. You can see him. Just give us enough time to explain."

"Explain what?" She asked as Rax uncovered her mouth.

"What's happened," I said.

Rax and i found a small cave in the mountainside not too far from the fortress. We knew it'd only be a matter of time before the Warriors of Notch came after us.

Jane huddled in the corner, looking uncomfortable. I didn't blame her. Dying and coming back to two guys dragging you around a mountain probably doesn't feel very good.

"Look," I began, staring into her eyes. "You died three years ago. Herobrine took over the world and Ben, Ridge, Lora, and Grace created the Resistance, a group dedicated to Herobrine's destruction. ALmost every member has been effected by him in some way. It's like an extended version of your HH. They recruited me about a week ago. And I- uh, got mad at Ben-"

"What did the idiot do this time?" Jane smiled.

"He kidnapped my friend and me."

Jane looked confused. "That doesn't sound like him."

I bit my lip, wondering how to explain this. "After you died, Ben went bitter. He became harsh."

Smiling faintly, Jane stared into the fire that we put in the center of the cave.

"I challenged him to a match and became leader of the Resistance," I continued. "Then he went missing and I set out with a group to find him. He's at the fortress we just left.

"So on the way here we met Gregor-"

"Gregor?" Jane exclaimed as Rax gasped.

I smiled sheepishly. Maybe Gregor and Jane did have a thing. "Gregor- he died too. But he came back the same way you did. But there's also an evil version of him named Greg."

"Gregor... died?" Jane repeated.

"Yes, and he's been back longer than you have, so he's 15-"

"Watson!" Rax suddenly exclaimed as his cat leapt out of the cave and onto the mountain.

"Rax, " I whined, standing up and following him. Jane did the same.

The three of us raced down after the small black cat.

Suddenly, the cat stopped, and we all grouped back together.

"How did he know this was here?' Rax ased, looking at something on the ground.

Jane folded her arms and bit her lip. "He knew, that's for sure. He diliberetly came down here."

I nodded in agreement. "But what does it mean?"

There was a trap door below us on the mountainside.
------------------------
What's a good ship name for Jane and Gregor and do you ship it?
Vote, comment, follow