Chapter 14

{this is literally where a lot of my life is}

"Holy ghasts," Braden muttered. We all stood and gaped at the message on the tree. I don't know what happened to-

A cut off ending. What could that possibly mean? Who wrote it? Why were they interrupted? Who were they talking about?

"I have a bad feeling about this place," Art said cautiously.

"Yeah, we should leave," Maria agreed.

Sasha barked.

"Come on, guys," Bradley said, "let's-" Sasha barked again. Bradley glared at her. "Can someone tell the dog to shut up?"

Mike's dog continued to bark and looked up.

I followed her gaze.

I wish I hadn't.

...

"I suppose you want some answers," Gregor mused.

Ben did his best to glare at the guy across the dinner table from him. This couldn't be Gregor because,

a) Gregor wouldn't abduct him, and

b) Gregor wouldn't have that malicious look in his eyes.

"You're not Gregor," Ben simply said. There was no way. He knew Gregor, so he was confident in his statement.

"Gregor" shook his head. "You're thinking of the Gregor I was before. You are right. I'm not that Gregor. I'm the Gregor who I always had the potential to be. That potential was unlocked by Notch. He helped me attain al the power that I have."

Ben narrowed his eyes. This boy was a sadistic little imp. "You've aged," he noticed. "But not all the way. You should be 16, but you look like you're 15. How long have you been..." Alive didn't seem to be the right word.

"Restored?" Gregor offered. "I am more amazing than I could ever have been with the HH. The Warriors of Notch have taught me who I can really be, Ben. Soon we shall destroy Herobrine and all of his forces."

Ben didn't know what to think. There "Warriors of Notch" wanted to kill Herobrine. That was good, right?

But then again, there's the matter that he's not really Gregor. Gregor would never act like this. And the real one had to be out there somewhere.

"If you're alive," Ben wondered, "then where are Jane and Preston?"

Gregor flashed a wicked smile. "Oh, they're coming back. Soon they'll be as powerful as I am."

Ben shook his head. "No. This isn't real."

"Oh, isn't it?"

...

There was a body hanging from the tree.

I stumbled back out of shock.

The body wasn't Ben's. It wasn't even Herobrine's.

It was Motir. My best friend.

"W- Who's that?" Maria asked timidly.

"M-M," I stuttered.

"Ender, are you okay?" Bradley asked me, looking concerned.

"That's my best friend," I managed to say.

The team peered at the futile body hanging from the tree. A rope was tied loosely aroung the boy's waist.

"Did he write the message?" Branden wondered.

I ignored him "We have to get him down. Maybe he's still alive. Or at least we can... bury him."

"Oh, that won't be neccessary," a cold voice mused.

A figure walked out from behind the trees.

Although it had been 5 years, he was easily recognizable.

It was Herobrine.

------------------------

WANT YOUR ART FEATURED?

Any artists out there? Send me some of your pictures by email ( janietall@live.com ). It can be of anything, minecraft related or not. And I will put all that I can get up at the beginning of the chapters.